Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phillyphilly

oh no. im an idiot and I got new scars! help?

Well I bought one of those home microdermabrasion kits from neutrogena and the first time I used it, it worked fine and redness went away after a few hours. But the 2nd time I used it(2 days ago) I went a little harder and the redness stayed. Now it is slowing going away but it is leaving scars behind. They are fresh. So what I can use right now to get right of them or what would help the best?

thanks

Edited by phillyphilly

Yeah, what kind of scars did you get from it?

Not quite sure what the kit consists of, is it one of those rotatory tools?

I purchased one of those a few years ago, actually when I used it I always went aggressive with pressure, the purpose was actually to scrape the skin and stop at the first sign of blood.

Scabs would form and redness would remain for a few days after the scabs fell off, but I never got an actual permanent scar from that.

Edited by tj101

basically my whole cheeks are red

i used the most pressure on my cheeks

the redness seems to be going away a little every day but the scars came back more visible than ever

but before I used the microdermabrasion I would say I had shallow to moderate type scaring. indented kind

but thats not the kind that has showed up. the kind that has showed up is the color type scaring if you know what I mean

i only went in a circular motion on each cheek for about 1 minute

and yes its one of those microdermabrasions that vibrate and u replace the head of it every time u use it again

but anyway

what creams can I use to help these scars?

Edited by phillyphilly

i wish I could take a picture but no camera

they were old scars but those scars disappeared over time but the redness is only on the spots the old scars were at

weird

and how long before the redness goes away?

its been 2 days

tomorrow is day 3

Don't worry.

The redness will eventually disappear, don't need to apply anything. It can take a couple of days to a couple of weeks.

Pitted scars sometimes do tend to look worse initially after using the machine, but it'll get back normal eventually.

yea I was just concerned because I read that the red was only suppose to last a few hours

then when I woke up the following morning and seen the red was still there I freaked out

I thought I had Erythema or rosacea

but woke up this morning and the redness went away even more

scars that I seen pop up are now slowing going away 2