Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
emilygill

i knew i wasnt just being paranoid

yep, people do talk about my face behind my back. my friend told me so. just when i try and convince myself that no one cares about how i look, i hear about it from others. good thing i dont have faith in humankind or this really would have bummed me out.

at least i know i have a REAL friend who actually couldnt care less what i look like or anything superficial, who just likes me for me.

now that i think about it acne has been revealing in so many ways.

It does have that effect, I was pretty shallow before i got it, now I would never judge anyone by the way they look ;)

Just remember some people have it much worse than you, this always helps me get through it.

Just noticed you have an epic tatoo :wub:

Edited by masg

Isn't it sad that people have to be like that? But don't let it get you down too much, those people can't be all that great if they can't think of anything better to talk about. Smart, funny, and interesting people can find a million other topics to discuss than other people's "flaws".

I'm glad you have real friends to help you through this!

You have the right attitude towards it which is the most important thing! You don't need those people that don't understand and are not even willing to learn.

While we all hate acne, the one thing that has been positive is how I have learned about myself, my body and other people. You learn that there are ignorant people on this earth. We were all ignorant once, but some of us change that through learning.

I think the thing to remember is that all people talk about all other people behind their backs. Some do it just as a quick harmless comment. Others do it maliciously, or whatever. It doesn't matter. It is really heartbreaking when you hear people validate insecurities that you have, it is really is. I'm devastated when I hear it. A lot of people tell me to my face, so I'm certain even more say it behind my back. I live in a place where people are not only rude, but very wealthy, and very, very beautiful. I mean, I've never seen such flawlessness in my life. It's hard, it hurts. But it happens all of the time. The process is trying not to care what these people think, but it's so hard!!!!

I know, people are always talking!!

I never knew we were so popular :cool:;)

People can talk but just 'cause there so insecure!!

If it matters, I don't judge people on looks, but your beautiful. :wub:

Edited by AdamDolce10

The process is trying not to care what these people think, but it's so hard!!!!

yes, it is hard, especially when they are validating your own insecurities. but my wise mother says "people suck" lol, pretty simple, but true.

:] hehe

It does have that effect, I was pretty shallow before i got it, now I would never judge anyone by the way they look ;)

Just remember some people have it much worse than you, this always helps me get through it.

Just noticed you have an epic tatoo :wub:

yeah, i would say i was fairly shallow before i had acne, but it totally changes your perspective on life, i have a lot more compassion for others now. i guess i just know how it feels...

haha and yes i have epic tattoo(s)

maybe ill post some pics of others :]

"Great minds talk about ideas. Average minds talk about events. Small minds talk about people."

Edited by recoverme

What made you break out all of a sudden?

Were you taking birth control pills or something?

i really dont know... possibly going to basic. thats the only thing i can think of

What made you break out all of a sudden?

Were you taking birth control pills or something?

i really dont know... possibly going to basic. thats the only thing i can think of

That'd do it.

When I did amateur kickboxing every time I had a fight coming up I'd get what I call an "anxiety breakout".

Same thing happened when I went on holidays in fact and I was travelling by car non-stop for 4 days. Ironically enough I took a vacation precisely because I wanted a break from having to deal with my acne in front of everyone.

My body seems to know, no matter how much I suppress it, when a particularly stressful or nervous-inducing event will be coming up and it just reacts by pumping out oil like crazy.

Edited by Mirza89

I have never heard people talk about me behind my back but I'm sure some do. About a year ago I was walking outside at lunch time with a friend, and some chick that I knew says "Hey Ryan, you got something here..." and she was pointing all over her face.

I'm one of the nicest most understanding people at my school, I would never insult someone unless it was an obvious joke. I just don't understand people. Don't they realise they're insulting others to cover up there own insecurities? I really think acne was somewhat of a good thing for me, it has helped me become who I am. I had alot of time to think and understand further peoples social behaviors.

It's great that you can look past it all. If only our physical beauty was reflected by who we where... id love to see those supperficial people covered in acne.

It's great that you can look past it all. If only our physical beauty was reflected by who we where... id love to see those supperficial people covered in acne.

agreed. but thats not the way it goes.