Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myresults_xnow

Done with Accutane Update!!!!

you look awesome!! when did you finish accutane? did you ever get annoying backaches? thats the one thing i'm worried about that it won't go away. my back has hurt for almost an entire month. anyway, you look fabulous and i hope my skin clears up to look like yours!

you were beautiful before but MAN OH MAN DO YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!! IM SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! Congrats :) NOW GO LIIIIVEE YOUR LIFE!!!!!

Thank you for sharing your success story - its amazing to see the transformations of people on this drug - its really incredible!

Oh good god you look great! :D I'm always so amazed with before and after photos like this. I hope I get to post the same results soon!

Thank you so much everyone! :] I wanted to share this with you guys because I do know that parts of your course can be disheartening and make you want to quit.

To answer a few of the questions:

I finished my course roughly two months ago.

And as far as back aches go, yes, I had them during accutane and I'm an avid horseback rider and soccer player, so you can imagine how that went. They're going away, slowly but surely. ^^

Just keeping going strong everyone, and if you need anyone to talk to, I'll try to check in for you guys <3

Yours will too darling!! :] <3.

Oh, and I forgot to put my dosage. I was taking 40mg the first two months and the last 5 months I took an alternating 40mg one day 80mg the next. So it was essentially 60mg.

when did you see your skin was finally starting to clear up for good? my derm said probably around month 3 for me. i'm about a week into month 2 right now. i felt like my face cleared up a little bit, and now it's breaking out again.

Okay, I felt bad that I disappeared after my course of accutane. So here I am to let everyone know how it went. Okay, so mainly it was GREAT. I was in a good, happy mood all the time. I didn't want to commit suicide. I loved watching my skin transform. Even the breakouts were worth it, and this treatment was so worth it. I had chapped lips and dry skin, but it went away quickly. The only downside I have is that I got extremely ill three times on accutane. I don't know if they were related or not. I was really healthy before accutane though, so I'm going to have to say it was.

I had a two month long sinus infection, pink eye and ear infection. Which no medication would shake.

Then in the summer I had strep throat and tonsillitis for two weeks.

Then most recently I had bronchitis and folliculitis, which then developed into a sinus infection and bronchitis, which then developed into a severe case of pneumonia and an ear infection which eventually just went to pneumonia [this was the month following accutane and I was hospitalized.] Anyways, any up and down I had on Accutane was so worth it. I only have two pictures of my skin before, and even they don't show the severity of what my acne was and could be.

I have a long dermatological record. I've quite literally tried every oral medication and topical medication over and behind the counter. Nothing cleared up my acne, only managed it like below:

Before:

During:

I really wish I had kept better track, this doesn't really show the breakouts I went through, but the end result was sooo worth it....[dramatic drum roll]

TWO MONTHS POST ACCUTANE!:

I wear no make up at all. :] <3

I am beyond thrilled with my results. I am currently using Ziana gel for my scarring and it's working wonders. I only wash my face with purpose cleanser, and I'm not breaking out [knock on wood]. I just want to give you guys hope <3. I finally feel beautiful.

OMGOSH amazing results!!! i congratulate you from the bottom of my heart. I started on Accutane on Jan2 and im anxious to see the results. hopefully i have the same as yours. Thanks for giving me hope! =)

Thank you very much everyone :].

My skin started clearing up for good around month 4. This was the point of no return for me. No new break outs formed and redmarks were clearing up and everything was dying :]

Thanks for coming back and posting this update. I can't wait to start seeing results, and to feel what it's like to be 100% clear. Hope all goes well in the future for you!

Thank you very much, accutane will give you amazing results, I'm sure of it! I'm very happy with this drug as of being off of it three months, we shall see what the next few months bring me. Fingers are crossed.

wow, another veteran member! I remember following your log! You look amazing!

I also had really great results but never had the chance to finish my course. After 6 months off of Tane I have started to break out but it is still nowhere near as bad as it used to be and I am preparing myself to start another course.

Hope to see you back soon for more updates!