Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mach1

Best method for removing/preventing deep blackheads?

Pretty much ALL of the blackheads I ever get are concentrated on my nose, and are generally kind of deep. I also get a few on the sides of my nose where it's really hard to push out. I was just wondering if anyone knew what were the best methods of removing them without squeezing them all and possibly damaging the skin?

I've tried pore strips, and while they do work for the ones closer to the surface, they really don't do much for the deeper ones. Also, when I finally get rid of them, what forms of exfoliation or products (that actually work) are best for keeping them away?

Pretty much ALL of the blackheads I ever get are concentrated on my nose, and are generally kind of deep. I also get a few on the sides of my nose where it's really hard to push out. I was just wondering if anyone knew what were the best methods of removing them without squeezing them all and possibly damaging the skin?

I've tried pore strips, and while they do work for the ones closer to the surface, they really don't do much for the deeper ones. Also, when I finally get rid of them, what forms of exfoliation or products (that actually work) are best for keeping them away?

Same here, of the blackheads I get I'd say about 99% are on my nose. If pore strips aren't working as well as you would like, i'd try Apple Cidar Vinegar/Dan's AHA+. Organic ACV helps clean out the nose and Dan's AHA+ exfoliates.

First year I only used paula's choice 2% liquid. The effect stopped after couple of weeks. Last week I started using AHA+ ON TOP of the 2% liquid.

This really worksl wil post a topic if it keeps working

the oil cleansing method has helped me a lot with blackheads and sebum plugs. google it for more info. there is a thread on here somewhere too, so give that a search as well :angel:

I really wish the OCM worked for me as so many peeps swear by it for this problem. I have LOADS of clogged pores. I used a combo of castor oil and olive oil, I did the recommended method to the letter but I ended up with more clogged pores! Honstly, I was so anal about the rinsing/removal of oil bit, but to no avail! Bugger!!!! : (

What I do is use a honey asprin mask, then steam while that mask is on for like 5 minutes of so, then go to bathroom and exfoliate the skin. Skin turns out to be very smooth.

But the problem never goes away.

The best way to get rid of blackheads is the same way you get rid of acne:

*Wash with warm (not hot) water. (Do not use cold water as this will just clog pores)

*Use a acne cleanser

*Use a mild exfoliant, like glycolic products or even retinoids

*Use a toner

You may want to use the acne cleanser just on your trouble area (nose) to avoid drying out the rest of your skin too much: youtube(D)com/watch?v=HicYwqQKKf0

Exfoliate your skin and then steam it for 5 minutes. Don't keep pore open. Mix honey and lemon juice in one bowl and apply the mixture on your face. It will help to reduce the blackheads.