Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mercs22

People just love blowing smoke up my ass

Seriously, I know I have bad acne but my mom, who is the only person I really talk about it to, says I have "mild teenage acne". I decided to see my doctor today about it and she said I had "phenomenal" skin for a teenager (that was the exact word she used), this is completely ridiculous and I even told her I thought it was. I'll spend hours looking at my face in the mirror, hating my my face, hating my acne, and letting it demolish my once flourishing social life. I WAS going to post pics to show you guys how terrible my skin really is (pimples, red marks etc.) but I just realized my camera isn't working so I guess this is just another topic venting about how much it sucks to have acne.

Finally got the POS to work... heres a quick mug of me, this picture really tells the whole story. World War III status.post-119603-1262669675_thumb.jpg

post-119603-1262669675_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mercs22

Truth be told, your acne really isn't that bad. It's at the mild end of moderate at the very worst, and that's if I judge you harshly.

Try to keep in mind that we're our own worst critics. You have the time to scrutinize your face. You can sit and look at yourself up close and dirty in a mirror. And, in doing so, you can make yourself believe that things are much worse than they really are. (I do the same thing, so don't feel bad.)

The people that are telling you that your acne's not bad are just being honest with you. It's not. You just think it is because, to you, every single teeny-tiny blemish stands out. To the rest of the world, they simply don't.

Keep your chin up. Yes, you have acne. But it's not nearly as bad as you think. ; )

Finally got the POS to work... heres a quick mug of me, this picture really tells the whole story. World War III status.post-119603-1262669675_thumb.jpg

Slap yourself, sir.

:lol:

I know severity is relative... but jesus, man, that's pretty tame. Doesn't help to hear, I know, but there are people with serious cystic acne and acne on every region of their face so to hear you compare your mild-moderate acne to WWIII is insulting. Best of luck.

Didn't mean to be insulting, sorry. I realize there are people who have acne worse than I do but then again it doesn't help the fact that in my mind my acne is pretty bad.

What i meant to say was, your doctor and your mom are being pretty honest w/you here. You are a good looking kid, and it would be ridiculous to let your skin hold you back from doing anything.

Edited by OntheRun

One thing I forgot to mention is when I went to the doctor I was prescribed Clindamycin mixed with benzoyl peroxide but I didn't pick it up because the line was too long. I'm picking it up first thing tomorrow so I guess I'll take "after" pictures in a couple weeks so you guys can see if it works or not.

Edited by Mercs22

Seriously, I know I have bad acne but my mom, who is the only person I really talk about it to, says I have "mild teenage acne". I decided to see my doctor today about it and she said I had "phenomenal" skin for a teenager (that was the exact word she used), this is completely ridiculous and I even told her I thought it was. I'll spend hours looking at my face in the mirror, hating my my face, hating my acne, and letting it demolish my once flourishing social life. I WAS going to post pics to show you guys how terrible my skin really is (pimples, red marks etc.) but I just realized my camera isn't working so I guess this is just another topic venting about how much it sucks to have acne.

I don't normally post but I feel like I need to after reading this and seeing the picture you posted. Your acne isn't bad at all and to me, it seems like you posted the picture just to "fish for compliments", there are people here who are dealing with much worse than that and you come here complaining about very mild acne?

Edited by BrokenJohn

I agree with your doc, mom and everyone on here.....it's not that bad. You'll grow out of it. Deal dude . :)

Ok, I realize that there are people out there, and on this site, that have acne worse than I do. I'm just saying I feel very insecure about MY acne considering most of my friends don't have it and I guess I just have low self esteem to begin with. My intention was not at all to "fish for compliments", I really just felt like venting my frustrations about acne.

ur skins not too bad bro, mines about the same at mo as im having a mini breakout which comes along every month or so, i went through the same phase ur going through for many years of my life with just being depressed and blowing it up to be a bigger thing then it seems.

you see it is all in your head, your the one who thinks it is so bad, ask anyone else and they will tell you it doesnt look so bad and then you reject their claims and think they must be lieing to you. i went through it all myself dude. best thing to do is to push it to back of your mind and just get out there. dont let it ruin your social life mate, honestly thats the worst thing u can let it do as it stunts u emotionally and you dont develop the communication skills u should, i was a hermit for a good many of my teenage years and if i had a chance to go back and change things, then damn i would in a second. right now im at the phase where i just wash my face twice a day and use moisturizer liberally. no creams, no gels, had enough of that bullshit.

even if i do break out then so what its just a break out. doesnt stop me getting girls and doesnt stop me living life. honestly mate just try and be as social as you can, dont let your skin stop you from doing stuff you would like to do, its not worth it. call up a friend and go hang out, never know you may meet a girl tomorrow and get laid. life can be random.

Ok, I realize that there are people out there, and on this site, that have acne worse than I do. I'm just saying I feel very insecure about MY acne considering most of my friends don't have it and I guess I just have low self esteem to begin with. My intention was not at all to "fish for compliments", I really just felt like venting my frustrations about acne.

We all handle the stress of having acne in different ways. Some people more than others. And with everyone comes a different view of themselves, I don't think it's fair for anyone to say someone's fishing for compliments unless they're clearly an effing supermodel..

:comfort:

Never feel ashamed to vent here. I'm sorry some people made you feel like you couldn't.

you look fine. Alot of people worrie about the way they look and your skin is ok. There no need to get upset about it there really is nothing there.