Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
recoverme

Is It Even Possible To Even OUTGROW acne?

I ask this question in this section specifically, because I agree in holistic approaches. All this research got me thinking..

I'm saying is it possible to outgrow acne to the point where you can eat WHATEVER you like??

OR is acne always a Symptom in which you have to balance your body in nutrition and lifestyle?

Edited by recoverme

My mom always told me that I should just wait until I outgrow my acne, but yet she's 45 and still breaks out sometimes. So based on this I don't think you can outgrow acne for good, there will always be certain things that aggravate your skin.

My mom always told me that I should just wait until I outgrow my acne, but yet she's 45 and still breaks out sometimes. So based on this I don't think you can outgrow acne for good, there will always be certain things that aggravate your skin.

sucks for us. I envy those who are genetically predisposed of great skin

Actually, I think it IS possible to outgrow acne, but that depends on the reasoning behind your acne. During puberty and such, our bodies produce a lot more sex hormones and they can sometimes be out of whack, contributing to acne. Once the body stabilizes a bit more and regulates itself and hormones, then acne may disappear.

I know several people who suffered from acne in middle and high school, did nothing to change the diets or lifestyles and now have perfectly clear skin. My mom, and sister, both have experienced this. My mom said her acne stopped when she hit 23ish. She only started getting a rare zit here and there when she had hysterectomy and even now, she only gets small ones occasionally.

My sister had pretty severe acne as a kid. Her skin is perfectly clear now and stopped really breaking out when she was around 20. She's had one or two zits (which occurred when she had her kids) in the past 5 years.

So, basically, if your acne is a hormonal shift like that which occurs during the onset of puberty, it is possible you will outgrow it. If your acne is the result of health issues, digestive, allergies/sensitivities, immune problems and so on, then it's something that will probably require a lifestyle change and life long, healthy diet.

Of course it's possible. Most people do. At least, most people used to. I think it's becoming more and more common for acne to continue unless you address your health.

Anyway, my older brother had severe acne in high school but it all went away shortly after. My other siblings and I still get acne but theirs was never severe. I had severe acne since I was 10 and while it gradually got a bit better, I was never ever clear until I changed my diet. And the severe cystic part may have always been my citrus allergy. And finally, my father had acne until he died in his 60s. But by then the acne he had may have been rosacea and maybe the same citrus allergy I have.