Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wannabpimplefree

Cystic acne and pregnancy

This is my first post on here :). Let's see...not sure if I'm leaving a post in the right place, but...don't know where else to go.

So basically here's my history: I've had moderate acne since I was a teenager, now I'm 25 and expecting my first baby. No one in my family has zits like me, I really think it's hormones because I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome around the same time I started getting bad acne. It seemed to get a little better... until I got pregnant. I didn't used to have cystic acne, just a shiny t-zone and the occasional big pimple, mostly blackheads/whiteheads. Now I have about 6 cystic pimples on my jawline/forehead/cheeks. I'm not sure how to treat them at this point because I can't use anything with salicylic acid (since I'm pregnant) and so I have to be very careful with what I use. Benzoyl peroxide dries out my face. I'm using something more mild, but the cysts keep coming. I don't think it's my diet because I eat really healthy (never eat fast food and I RARELY eat chocolate!).

What other natural products are out there that are safe for pregnant women? Thanks.

i too was in ur shoes some of my letter not working but i try my best to tell u i know it will work becouse i try it all try using caress soa its the best thing for severe acne cyst just three months ago my skin was like that for two years not no more my chin cheeks was so nasty i know it will work for it to work fast melt it in water use three times tell me how it works!!!! :pray:

Hi I totally understand what you are going through. I am 6 months pregnant and have been suffereing with very severe acne for the past 3 months. I highly recommend you see a dermatologist, they can give you injections in the big cysts that make them dissappear in a few days. If it is really bad you can also take oral erthromycin, which is what I am doing, all of the topicals they could prescribe did nothing for me.

I basically go in for injections almost once a week, which has helped a lot.

Good luck with your skin and pregnancy!

Hi wannabe..... I haven't posted here in a long while but I do come back and check the boards once in awhile. I just wanted to let you know that a few years ago I was in your shoes. My story was the same. I always had mild-mod acne that was controlled with different topicals and such but as soon as I got pregnant it worsened terribly. I had terrible cystic acne all over that actually hurt. I finally got fed up and my dermatologist recommended glycolic acid peels that i had done in his office under his supervision. It helped tremendously and he said they were safe to do. I believe I was close to going into my last trimester at that time. Even though my dermatologist recommended it for me, i would still consult with your dermatologist and your ob/gyn to make sure they believe it is safe for you and only under their supervision. My best to you and your baby.