Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nyxter

What would you use on these :)

Well saw loadsa other people make it and im bored. Plus annoyed because literally 1 month ago i had NONE!!!!

Now i know its not contageouus but 3 months ago had none.. spent about 2 months travelling with sum1 with acne... and now i have it ... :shifty: Coincidence... :whistle:

haha..

Anyway. currently abroad so just using absolutely useless stuff. clearasil pads (wahey my hair dying again!!!) and some basic face wash as all i can find near me :@ I have a problem - my hair dyes when i used hydrogen peroxide (ages ago a few spots) which worked with clearasil ultra pads... so im assuming benozyl peroxyde will do the same (looks stoooopid on me :P)

so please recommmend wat you think.. thanks

post-118702-1262640339_thumb.jpg

post-118702-1262640382_thumb.jpg

post-118702-1262640681_thumb.jpg

post-118702-1262640677_thumb.jpg

post-118702-1262640429_thumb.jpg

post-118702-1262640339_thumb.jpg

post-118702-1262640382_thumb.jpg

post-118702-1262640429_thumb.jpg

post-118702-1262640677_thumb.jpg

post-118702-1262640681_thumb.jpg

neutrogena on the spot acne treatment benzoyl peroxide 2.5% asap.

ahh thanks.. will try... well just to let you know they progressed so now worse. - now formed the white stuff again...

Also is benozyl peroxide as bad as bleaching hair as hydrogen peroxide in clearasil?? if so ill need to be careful..

also i know not severe.. but the money efffect of it doesnt affect me (not trynna show off but just trynna stop comments like dont waste your money on it) will there be any chance if i see a derm i get prescribed STRONG anti-biotics e.g. accutane just cos i want it clear definetly rather than trialing slowly..

post-118702-1262815998_thumb.jpgpost-118702-1262816002_thumb.jpg

Try washing your hair with Head and Shoulders Classic Clean shampoo.

Also, look at your hair products. Maybe they aren't the right ones for you.

Further, ALL BP will bleach out stuff like hair and fabric.

As far as outbreak, often as the skin purges there is additional outbreak. Try to be patient.

And, no..I've never heard of acne being contagious. Everyone is colonised with some level of the p. acnes bacteria.

I'd say your acne is mildish in number but moderate in type. I would begin some type of regimen asap, and although BP could work for you in time, I would also look into getting to the root of your problem. Clean up your diet if necessary, make sure you are getting the right amounts of sleep and etc. You need to find the root cause of the acne.

He has tons of cysts on his forhead...this is close to severe acne. Run to a derm !!

I'd say your acne is mildish in number but moderate in type. I would begin some type of regimen asap, and although BP could work for you in time, I would also look into getting to the root of your problem. Clean up your diet if necessary, make sure you are getting the right amounts of sleep and etc. You need to find the root cause of the acne.

He has tons of cysts on his forhead...this is close to severe acne. Run to a derm !!

Urmm due to my great knowledge i dont really get any of the definitions online. What exactly is a cyst?

And you think a dermatolagist would just be simplist way then?

also does it matter that i now got about 4 spots on shoulder?

Edited by Nyxter

Since your acne is recently new and by your post you seem to be a little older than the average teenager, I suspect your acne is related to your new environment abroad whether that be stress or other factors that have changed. In that case I would try more conservative measures whether that be over the counter, dan's regimen, or from the dermatologist. I don't think you necessarily need accutane or oral antibiotics yet. If you see a dermatologist there is a high chance that they will prescribe you a retin-a type product +/- benzaclin which is pretty much standard of care for moderate acne in the US. Diet changes my also help a little, but personally I am not a big believer in drastic diet changes. Hopefully when you return from abroad and back to your regular routine your acne will improve as well. Good luck.

The acne info portion on this site has great info about acne including what a cyst is. People have their different ideas of what it is but Dan's is really accurate. It's an inflammatory response that is usually pus filled. So basically is a soft large red bump that has pus.

Have you tried Hydrogen Peroxide? It is super cheap to get a big bottle at the drugstore, just put some on a cotton ball and apply, like this: www.acnestories.com/acne-treatment/hydrogen-peroxide-acne-treatment/

Have you tried Hydrogen Peroxide? It is super cheap to get a big bottle at the drugstore, just put some on a cotton ball and apply, like this: www.acnestories.com/acne-treatment/hydrogen-peroxide-acne-treatment/

Hey used to try clearasil which has hydrogen peroxide (when had literally like 1 spot) and Used to work but now doesnt do anything

Cysts are pimples that are inflammed below the skin surface and when they are close to each other.

Yeah man. Go to a derm. Its always a good idea cause they deal with acne every day.

Urmm due to my great knowledge i dont really get any of the definitions online. What exactly is a cyst?

And you think a dermatolagist would just be simplist way then?

also does it matter that i now got about 4 spots on shoulder?

I don't think it's necessary to go to a derm just yet. I agree that it's the enviorment / diet change...and possible stress. I used to get acne like that...I changed my diet,got a good natural face wash, and took a deep breath...then slowly but surely my acne calmed down.

Also, think about what you have been using on your face and body when you shower or wash your face at night. Did you change anything ?

Naw they're not cysts but a visit to a derm wouldn't be useless.

Also, I heard from my derm that he had 1 case of a girl who got acne because her bf had acne and everytime she kissed him she touched his beard...weird stuff.

I don't think it's necessary to go to a derm just yet. I agree that it's the enviorment / diet change...and possible stress. I used to get acne like that...I changed my diet,got a good natural face wash, and took a deep breath...then slowly but surely my acne calmed down.

K ill hold off for a while...

and urmm well kinda started after i got back from new zealand/australia for 2 months.

Plus also before my hair was shorter before, got a haircut when back, but not gonna have as short as originally was (hides most of them:P) could the hair cause them on my forehead by kinda blocking them?

And urmm stress- ive been through alot more normaly - kinda relaxed atm. Yeah the odd bit but nothiing major. Diets the same as normal...

Greetings,

My acne looked a lot like this at the age of 12 or 13. It wasn't bad at all, I had clear beautiful taut skin with a few pimples on the forehead and some on the cheek.

I didn't worry about it then, I knew it was a phase and that it would subside.

Do not underestimate the power of "mild acne." You think it is mild, but if you do not take care of the problem now, more bumps will surface, and even if your previous acne is healing...

Mild acne with mild red marks can really appear to be severe.

Do something about this, fast. Don't wait like I did for the problem to become much worse. I'd say you're a strong person, and you seem ready to deal with this problem. Approach it logically, and as a few previous posters have said, evaluate your diet.

You asked if your hair might block the pores of your forehead? The answer is yes, especially if your shampoo is irritating to your skin.

Honestly, just go to the derm. You'll be happy you did. With your type of acne I don't think you'll respond well to Dan's.

Greetings,

My acne looked a lot like this at the age of 12 or 13. It wasn't bad at all, I had clear beautiful taut skin with a few pimples on the forehead and some on the cheek.

I didn't worry about it then, I knew it was a phase and that it would subside.

Do not underestimate the power of "mild acne." You think it is mild, but if you do not take care of the problem now, more bumps will surface, and even if your previous acne is healing...

Mild acne with mild red marks can really appear to be severe.

Do something about this, fast. Don't wait like I did for the problem to become much worse. I'd say you're a strong person, and you seem ready to deal with this problem. Approach it logically, and as a few previous posters have said, evaluate your diet.

Hmm half people say bad others say its fine :P hehe.

But I have been thinking of my diet and its been omstly the same throughout the whole time. The only thing is over last month i have had NO mcDonald and Burger Kitchen - but somehow I dont think that this is the problem :P

Maybe Ill see if I can arrange to see a derm after all. Discuss it with mum about cost etc.

You asked if your hair might block the pores of your forehead? The answer is yes, especially if your shampoo is irritating to your skin.

Honestly, just go to the derm. You'll be happy you did. With your type of acne I don't think you'll respond well to Dan's.

Hmm any idea of which will be irratating to skin. Was using garnier Fructis for last months or so... Anybody know if this is or isnt an irratative - Used to use head and shoulders.

And hmm I may try a derm - thanks for the tip

I agree with jarrit. Acne is just like any other infection where a foreign bacteria is invading the skin and replicating in the pores. It may or may not get out of control depending upon a person's immune response. For me, it was mild for a while and suddenly it went out of control from mild to really bad before I took care of it.

Edited by usacc

I agree with jarrit. Acne is just like any other infection where a foreign bacteria is invading the skin and replicating in the pores. It may or may not get out of control depending upon a person's immune response. For me, it was mild for a while and suddenly it went out of control from mild to really bad before I took care of it.

Hmm maybe i should worry bout it..

I just got back and gonna literally drown it in products (I know some people say irratates skin - but 5% BP and i dont feel anything :|) so gonna coat it with loads of products.. see how it copes otherwise go to derm

hey, just a bitta an update.

1. I cut my hair totally short for an attempt to clear forehead and now use h&s shampoo.

2. Using 5% bp on all fac e -rarely feel anything...

Now most importantly :

3. Cheek(close to mouth) and chin cleared... BUT forehead completely wors now. Cysts everywhere... So wasnt the hair/shampoo.

4. Loads of new down side of face near eyes and some just formed on neck...

Given the bp a good few weeks to do something but not working