Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
silverangelx

I'm finally on the regimen! :D *Edit - stopping the regimen*

Wellll, I caved. I popped three pimples (two of the new ones, one that's a few days older) because I just couldn't stand it.... popping zits really speeds up the healing process for me, it seems...

I dabbed some neosporin on the popped zits and I'm hoping for the best. I tried not to get the neosporin anywhere except for on my popped pimples, though, because I've heard it can be comedogenic. (no idea if that's true or not, though)

I want to look nice for my cousin's birthday celebration this afternoon. :/

Don't be discouraged, be happy! Keep it up and stay positive. Also make sure you get enough fresh air outside everyday and try to workout some. I'm on week 4 of the regimen and I am definitely seeing improvement. However, I did get weird pimples in strange spots and also a few old ones are taking forever to go away. It's just a slow process! We started it around the same time so we just need to stay positive :)

Heeey! Try to stay positive. I've been on the regimen for four weeks now and I'm almost completely clear. It definitely worked for me, maybe it will take a little more time for you. I never got to the flaky skin part because I never used much more than a small amount. Maybe ease off the BP a little bit to prevent the dryness.

Hey, I'm updating today... it's *day 24* 3.5 weeks down.

Things are looking better for my left cheek... though you can still see tiny red pimples, which annoys me a lot. And the dry skin makes my skin look AWFUL! It's terrible.

I'm from pakistan so I have a naturally tanned complexion, and when the skin flakes, I've got flakes of darker skin coming off, and my normal skin showing underneath, and it looks like... I'm really... scaly or something! I don't know the exact word.

It'd be sooo much better if my skin wasn't this dry. And also, my right cheek has developed two new pimples... one looks like it's gonna be biggg... the other doesn't look too bad, but it's still there, ya know? :/ And for some reason even my smaller pimples are taking weeks and months to disappear! I wish it wasn't like that:(

Worst part about it? I developed a new pimple above my upper lip, right under my nose. HUGE, inflamed, red, and a white head. It looks AWFUL. And so noticeable, too! I really want to pop it, and put some neosporin on it to let it die down a bit... but it's one of those pimples that hurts like CRAZY to pop. Like I'm AFRAID to pop it cuz I don't want to bear the pain..

please God, let me see clear skin by this next Wednesday! (I thought I had gym on Tuesday, but I won't... it'll be on Februrary 3rd) That's one week... I'm hoping and praying.

I think tomorrow, I'm going to beg and plead with my mom to let me buy jojoba oil and AHA... along with the Big Kits of the acne.org regimen. Hopefully she'll let me buy them:)

*Beginning of day 29*

Bought the acne.org jojoba oil and AHA+ a few days back.. should maybe get here by later today.. (hopefully)

As for the skin... it's looking pretty much the same as before.. maybe a bit better, though. (at least, the left cheek) Still a bunch of dryness and flakiness. I got a new pimple on my left cheek that grew pretty large... but is slowly getting smaller. Other than that, no new pimples, which makes me happy. :)

I'm hoping the jojoba oil and AHA will help me some more!

*Beginning of day 29*

Bought the acne.org jojoba oil and AHA+ a few days back.. should maybe get here by later today.. (hopefully)

As for the skin... it's looking pretty much the same as before.. maybe a bit better, though. (at least, the left cheek) Still a bunch of dryness and flakiness. I got a new pimple on my left cheek that grew pretty large... but is slowly getting smaller. Other than that, no new pimples, which makes me happy. :)

Sounds like your regimen is going well! I noticed that I am still getting breakouts (I started the regimen a few days before you) but that new pimples don't last as long when I apply Dan's BP. I also started the AHA 3 days back and it's helping even out my skin tone.

I am from India and have a darker complexion too, I know EXACTLY what you mean by looking scaly. What helped with that is gently massaging with jojoba oil until the flakes started coming off before cleansing. I also used Dan's cleanser in the shower, and after I washed it off, the flakes gently started rubbing off my face. So now I only have a little bit of "scaliness" on my temples and forehead. You can check out my pictures and posts because I have pics of how flaky my skin looked.

The AHA I apply at night. The first two days I applied it on TOP of my moisturizer so it didn't sting, but I still got the benefit of a beautiful complexion, even after just 2 days!! Last night I applied it with my moisturizer and it really did sting... I may only use AHA every second day.

Anyway, good luck! Just keep going with the Regimen :)

*Beginning of day 29*

Sounds like your regimen is going well! I noticed that I am still getting breakouts (I started the regimen a few days before you) but that new pimples don't last as long when I apply Dan's BP. I also started the AHA 3 days back and it's helping even out my skin tone.

I am from India and have a darker complexion too, I know EXACTLY what you mean by looking scaly. What helped with that is gently massaging with jojoba oil until the flakes started coming off before cleansing. I also used Dan's cleanser in the shower, and after I washed it off, the flakes gently started rubbing off my face. So now I only have a little bit of "scaliness" on my temples and forehead. You can check out my pictures and posts because I have pics of how flaky my skin looked.

The AHA I apply at night. The first two days I applied it on TOP of my moisturizer so it didn't sting, but I still got the benefit of a beautiful complexion, even after just 2 days!! Last night I applied it with my moisturizer and it really did sting... I may only use AHA every second day.

Anyway, good luck! Just keep going with the Regimen :)

Hey thanks for the reply! I got my jojoba oil and AHA today, so I'm going to try the jojoba oil thing tonight and I'll let you know how it goes:)

Sweetsleep - I just wanted to thank you! I just did the jojoba oil massaging thing you suggested... oh my gosh! All my flakes are gone! My skin feels smoooth and not leathery AT ALL! And my skin looks so much nicer underneath all those flakes - most of what I thought was hyperpigmentation was actually just flakes. Granted, I do still have hyperpigmentation, but nowhere near as bad as I thought I did. This has REALLY brightened up my day... thank you:)

I'll also try the AHA tonight and let you know how that goes tomorrow!

Sweetsleep - I just wanted to thank you! I just did the jojoba oil massaging thing you suggested... oh my gosh! All my flakes are gone! My skin feels smoooth and not leathery AT ALL! And my skin looks so much nicer underneath all those flakes - most of what I thought was hyperpigmentation was actually just flakes. Granted, I do still have hyperpigmentation, but nowhere near as bad as I thought I did. This has REALLY brightened up my day... thank you:)

Oh good, glad it worked :) Jojoba oil always makes my skin smooth, although my face is starting to look kinda oily so now I just use it at night. Let me know how the AHA does!.

Oh good, glad it worked :) Jojoba oil always makes my skin smooth, although my face is starting to look kinda oily so now I just use it at night. Let me know how the AHA does!.

I tried the AHA, and this is my second day using it...... I'm loving it! It really makes my skin feel so soft and my face glows. It stings a LOT, but I think it's worth it.

I really am so happy I found this website. :D

Edited by silverangelx

*End of day 31*

One month down... halfway through week 5.

I got a breakout... :( A couple small pimples on my left cheek, one I popped and put neosporin on it. I see another pimple forming so I dabbed on some AHA. If it works, I'll let you all know. A really weird, large-ish pimple on the side of my nose. I don't normally break out there! (maybe I'm purging from the AHA?)

Some old pimples are taking /forever/ (months and months!) to go away.... ughh. :( I want clear skin so bad.

Makeup looks terrible over my skin. The hyperpigmentation is still very visible under the makeup. I have had zero confidence lately. I'm supposed to start gym tomorrow (meaning, hair tied back) BUT it's been snowing!! So maybe there won't be any school tomorrow:) *fingers crossed, knocking on wood*

Somehow I believe the regimen will completely clear me, though. I'm ready to keep using it... at least for another 3 - 4 months. If I see results, I'll keep on going, obviously. If not, then... I'll try something else. But I'm pretty sure it'll work.

(Oh.. also. This has nothing to do with acne but two years ago I got a weird wart thing that was growing on my face, removed.... it was near my left jawline near the back of my face... not visible unless I tie my hair up. Anyway, it's left behind a bit of a scar, and it almost looks like I have a pimple there in some lights! SO I feel like, even when I'm clear, I'll still have that stupid scar from that wart which will make people think I've got a pimple. Any way to get rid of it? It's sort of like, raised-ish, and lighter than my skin tone. And it's like, a centimeter long or so... maybe smaller?

I'm following this log as well, keep us posted :)

thanks.

ps: I've recently started the regimen too, but I'm way too keyboard-lazy to write a log lol.

well, id say roaccutane/accutane or other isotretinoin brands is the end of the line for recalcitrant acne. i had lots of nodulocystic at age 25 before but now im totallly clear out of acne after 3 months roaccutane. i will surely continue this for 6 months. well about the cost, i found a store wherein they only sell it for like $65 per box for the 10mg and only $99 for the 20mg if im not mistaken. here's the link to all those who r taking it, dont be discouraged from the first month of intake coz for sure you'll gonna experience flare up but will surely subside on the 2nd month of intake.

Thanks for the info, but the regimen's doing a pretty good job so far... I think I'll stick with it:) I don't think my acne is quite severe enough for accutane.

dan2x - Thanks for reading :) Good luck on the regimen!

*Day 32*

The pimple on my left cheek got bigger... as did the on one my nose.. but it's okay because today was a snow day!! So hopefully they'll get smaller/go away by tomorrow for school. :)

*End of day 36, start of day 37*

Okay so guess what? I'm still using my original acne.org cleanser, BP, and moisturizer I bought. The moisturizer is still at LEAST half full, maybe even 2/3 of the way full (I used to use minimal amounts of moisturizer - a pea sized amount or less... I've recently increased that amount to 1 - 2 pumps to keep me flake free) The cleanser and BP are almost gone... maybe 2-4 more uses left in them.

This means I'll have to stock up around every 5 weeks... which isn't too bad, right? I bought another of the 8 oz. kits a week or two ago, so I'm good to go til sometime in March. (although I think I'll be ordering again near the end of this month, just for the free shipping lol)

Face's status: Pimples? Yes... but mostly, I've got red marks! Lots of them. Especially on my left cheek - right cheek isn't too bad.

Left cheek - Four active pimples......... three are near the side of my face, about an inch from my ear. Luckily, my hair can cover them without looking too obvious. One pimple, unfortunately, is about one and a half inches to the left of my upper lip. So basically, it's noticeable. There's a very, very small healing pimple on my jawline that I'm not too worried about at all.

A tiny whitehead above my lip.

Right cheek - One active pimple.

No major breakouts for about a week now. Overall, I'm happy and very excited. :)

*End of day 36, start of day 37*

Okay so guess what? I'm still using my original acne.org cleanser, BP, and moisturizer I bought. The moisturizer is still at LEAST half full, maybe even 2/3 of the way full (I used to use minimal amounts of moisturizer - a pea sized amount or less... I've recently increased that amount to 1 - 2 pumps to keep me flake free) The cleanser and BP are almost gone... maybe 2-4 more uses left in them.

This means I'll have to stock up around every 5 weeks... which isn't too bad, right? I bought another of the 8 oz. kits a week or two ago, so I'm good to go til sometime in March. (although I think I'll be ordering again near the end of this month, just for the free shipping lol)

Face's status: Pimples? Yes... but mostly, I've got red marks! Lots of them. Especially on my left cheek - right cheek isn't too bad.

Left cheek - Four active pimples......... three are near the side of my face, about an inch from my ear. Luckily, my hair can cover them without looking too obvious. One pimple, unfortunately, is about one and a half inches to the left of my upper lip. So basically, it's noticeable. There's a very, very small healing pimple on my jawline that I'm not too worried about at all.

A tiny whitehead above my lip.

Right cheek - One active pimple.

No major breakouts for about a week now. Overall, I'm happy and very excited. :)

As long as you, personally, can see progress, then you're doing well. From reading your past comments I know you're concerned about the rate at which your acne is improving or not improving. Just to give you a rough time line, from having my acne at almost its worst, it took me 4-5 months to get completely clear. You're doing great. :] Keep at it.

Edited by Zoetrope

Zoetrope - Thanks for the comment! :)

Okay so today, I feel a new pimple forming on my cheek... not very excited about it, of course, but I did want to write about it, because I'm going to use AHA+ on it and see how well it works to stop it.

I hope it doesn't form a pimple.... it's close to another pimple on my cheek (the visible one I described a few posts above this one)

Ugh.. I hate the stress of a forming pimple. You don't know whether it's going to be really big, or how many days it's going to last, or if it's going to leave a mark.... all those worries! It's really awful. *Hopefully* the AHA+'s going to take care of this stress:)

The AHA+ worked wonderfully. The pimple did not get big... it became a tiny whitehead, so small that there was no actual bump - just a white dot on my face. It was gone within two days. :)

It also completely stopped the growth of a pimple on my right cheek.

My status right now: Two pimples on my upper left cheek that are pretty big (near my temple) and one on the right cheek, near my temple.

There are 3 small pimples above my lip that all came at different times.... they have basically become tiny, almost flat bumps.... it's weird. You can't see them unless I pull my upper lip inward to reveal them, but still... they do bother me. I'm putting AHA+ on them every night though! Hopefully that'll get rid of them.

I have started getting dry and flaky again, unfortunately. :/ And it's becoming hard to take care of again. (jojoba oil seems to be helping less... but I was in a rush when I used it)

Going to see a movie tonight :) I'm excited. With makeup, I think I'll be pretty confident!

Edited by silverangelx

*Day 42* - meaning I'm almost on week 7.

Things are looking good, guys! No new breakouts... very dry skin though!

With makeup on, I could hardly see any red marks! Maybe just one or two, and that's AMAZING for me, considering I probably have like, 30+ red marks.

I actually went to the movie with my hair tied back!(: I was soo excited. I wasn't self-conscious AT ALL.

I'm waiting for the day I can feel confident WITHOUT makeup though :)

The one thing that bothers me is what I talked about before - small inflamed pimples that appear above my lip, then die down to a nearly flat red mark - with a bit of a bump, still... they're not too visible (there's 3 right now) but I just saw 2 more small bumps that I think [but hopefully they won't] might become pimples. I don't want that cycle to keep going! :(

But overall - I'm really happy! My cheeks feel smoooth aside from two bumps near my temple... and one bump near my other temple. :)

Edited by silverangelx

Just wanted to give a bit of an update....

*Day 55?!* No WAY it's been that long... woww.

Well, good news and bad news.

I was relatively clear for about a week. One small pimple on the side of my left cheek, and two tiny bumps near my other temple. Basically, it was so good that I could tie my hair up! Although I felt a little self-conscious that my make-up was too obvious, but other than that...

I haven't gone to school with tied up hair since.. wow.. November or so? And I actually tied it up:) felt really proud of myself.

Now... the bad news. I got two pustules on my cheek, (which I just popped - they popped very easily. put some AHA+ on them afterward) and one red, bumpy pimple near my nose. Relatively flat, but still there. It's one of those 'wider' but not too raised ones. They go away within 3 - 4 days or so, and don't come to a head. They just sort of disappear, which I like. Hopefully this is one of those. (it looks like it is, but I can't be positive til it actually goes away)

It's almost been two months, guys. Still get breakouts... BUT I've heard you can still get breakouts even into the third month. Which means there'll only be a month left of potential pimples for me? Not too bad, I've been through two months already:) I'm excited! It'll all be over soon.

I'm glad I've stuck with this. My skin looks so much better than when I started, but it's still not yet perfect. I'm very nit-picky about my skin so I want it to be absolutely PERFECT, haha... which it will be soon, THANK GOD. I don't have any indentations in my skin so once the marks disappear (I'm hoping by December!) I can leave the house bare-faced and still feel like I'm on top of the world.

I'm also tired of checking the bathroom mirror after every class to try and see how obvious my foundation looks. I feel like everyone can tell I'm wearing it, which makes me INCREDIBLY self-conscious. And I also feel fake. I feel like, what if something happens (like for example, if it starts raining outside and we're stuck in the rain, and my makeup comes off? -- the 'stuck in the rain' thing happened once, but it was last year when my skin was better and I had barely any marks, so I didn't wear foundation... I was only worried about my eyeliner running that day. We were in the rain because we had to practice presenting for our group presentations later in the day, so we had to be outside, rain or shine. I just hope nothing like that happens this year)

I'm a bit weary about school tomorrow. I have gym class and I'm not too sure I want to tie my hair up with pimples on my face! But I popped those zits, so I'm hoping they look better by the morning! That's around 4 or 5 hours til I have to get up. I should really get some sleep right about now.

I think I may have broken out because of extreme stress - my grades are dropping in a couple classes, and that's stressing me out like crazy, I just study 24/7 now, most days even skipping lunch to study for tests, etc. And because of this, I've also been sleeping much, much less. Averaging 3.5 hours a night, and VERY tired in the morning because of it. Stress + lack of sleep = pimples.

Also, about a week ago, I missed the regimen for the first time. I could only do it once that day because I had cousins over, so I had my makeup on the whole day. It looked perfect so I didn't want to wash it off.

So I just washed it the next morning. Also, one day this week, I woke up LITERALLY 15 minutes before I had to leave the house. It normally takes me over an hour to get ready in the morning! I could either have done the regimen and absolutely nothing else, OR done my makeup + changed my clothes/quickly brushed my hair. Obviously, I chose the second option... no way was anyone seeing me without makeup on. :/

Okay, well that's the update for ya. Day 55.. I still just can't believe it. That's a heck of a lot of days. I still feel like a regimen newbie though, haha. Time really does fly. Hopefully this next month will be just as fast.

Sorry this has been so long - when I write about acne I feel like I could just go on for ages. So, sorry if I bored you:)

Also, thanks everyone for reading my log - geez, over 800 views? I would post pictures but I'm a little afraid at this point, haha.

Edited by silverangelx

That big red pimple near my nose is getting me down... I've been reading about cysts and I'm hoping it's not one, because those take *forever* to go away apparently, and I can't have that happen - this pimple is pretty much near the center of my face, and people see it when they look at me straight-on.

A smaller one (red, bumpy type) is developing under it. As well as another pimple on my right cheek, and a small whitehead developing on the side of my nose.

Thankfully it's the weekend. I'm hoping that at least the red, large pimple disappears by Monday! I've got AHA+ on all my problem spots.

That reminds me - my hyperpigmentation actually seems to be dying down. My skin's complexion is looking much better, than even a week ago.

That's getting me pretty excited:)

I think I may have gotten those once or twice, throughhymn. They'll go away, don't worry!:)

*Day 60* - Beginning of third month.

Well I'm pretty much clear for right now. Other than a couple stubborn bumps that nobody can see, really.. but I can feel them on my face. Hopefully things will only get better from here on out.

Just dealing with bad hyperpigmentation now. No scarring, thank God.... just some extremely hyperpigmented skin! Makeup covers it, but I always feel like it's not good enough. And I'm always afraid people are able to tell I'm wearing makeup - I see myself checking my reflection 5 or 6 times every school day. I can't wait til it's gone.

Overall, I'm super happy. I've made a lot of progress! I'm ready for month three(: