Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
silverangelx

I'm finally on the regimen! :D *Edit - stopping the regimen*

So I've finally convinced my mom to let me buy the DKR products!! They should be on their way... they'll be here between Wednesday and Friday most likely.

But I started the regimen today, officially, using 'SFC lotion' (which can be used as a cleanser, it's very mild) as my cleanser, 2.5% BP (Neutrogena on-the-spot... my sister bought it for me today so I can use it until the products get here, and for traveling purposes too) and Cetaphil moisturizing lotion.

I'm so excited to try them out when they get here:)

Also, I was using a 10% BP product before (Zapzyt) OH MY GOSH, it was awful on my skin.. soo much peeling and burning... but it worked, so I kept using it.

The 2.5% BP solution doesn't leave my skin like that:D I'm happy!

Wish me luck!

*Day 1*

A few (2 - 4) small pimples on my right cheek... not red or inflamed. They've been here for a while but are starting to go down pretty fast since I started using the BP. They're not too visible. (thankfully)

Right cheek - worse than the left one. Six - seven pimples, some red and inflamed, but they're going down too.

Forehead - a pimple. I normally never break out on my forehead so I was surprised I got one there. I normally only break out on my cheeks. It's been here for around a week and a half now, but it is not too visible anymore.

Wish me luck:)

Edited by silverangelx

Hey, I just started too. I really find jojoba oil useful for moisturizing afterwards and it also helps with preventing scars. My DKR products are also on their way and until then I am using the Neutrogena which I already had. It gets really clumpy though, especially when I try to put on moisturizer. Anyway, good luck :)

Thanks sweetsleep :D I'm going to go to the grocery store soon and get some jojoba oil, I really want some!:)

Day 2 of the regimen:

Not much improvement. Skin feels less dry... new pimple is developing on my left cheek... :( I think it's a cyst? But I wouldn't know, I've never really had a cyst before. It doesn't hurt to the touch, but it is under the surface of my skin. I had a similar one on my right cheek that developed about 1.5 or 2 weeks ago, and it's almost gone now.

My left cheek is MUCH drier than my right, but I think it's because I put more BP there... since I have more pimples on that cheek.

Also, good news - my DKR products shipped today! :D They should be here by Friday, or maybe Monday. (hopefully Friday!)

More good news! The products reached the USPS place yesterday, and I read on their website that the priority mail [which is the option I chose] takes 2-3 days to ship!! Meaning Wednesday (tomorrow) or Thursday! Or maybe Friday, but definitely not Monday. :D Yay! I'm happy... I'm extremely impatient when it comes to acne lol.

Regimen - *Day 3*

Skin still looks pretty much the same. The 'cyst' on my left cheek feels tender to the touch, but not painful.... I developed another pimple on my left cheek other than the 'cyst' one :[ And one on my right cheek...

also a pimple on my chin? which is weird because i never get pimples on my chin... but it's probably because it's near 'that time of month.'

agh I hope it clears up within two weeks!! (i have a french presentation coming up in exactly 2 weeks, soo i need to be clear by then!)

My DKR products got here today!! Just did the evening routine with the cleanser and BP, I need to wait a coupe minutes before moisturizing. I love them, though! The BP is SO amazing - it goes on really smooth and doesn't leave a residue. And the cleanser lathers REALLY well too. :)

No new changes today (Day 4) but I'm hoping for prettier skin soon:D

ugh.. we're having a reunion for my old school on friday... and i just can't go :[ unless my skin looks noticeably better by then. I have... around 42 hours (yeah I did the math, lol) for improvement. :/

Wish me luck...

*Day 5*

I actually see improvement! I haven't gotten any new pimples on my cheeks (got a small one in a place i've never gotten them before, but I'm assuming that's just purging. and it's really not noticeable at all)

My existing zits are getting smaller. And remember when I said I thought I had a cyst? I guess I was wrong, that's definitely not a cyst. It got much smaller in size and doesn't hurt at all, and it's just a small bump rather what people describe to be cysts. I guess I was just scaring myself.

I'm happy. Obviously, I'm nowhere near clear yet, but I'm well on my way :)

Day 6!!

Yay! I've got some good news to report. Still no new pimples except a small one on my jawline (hormonal..) and I normally don't get them there so I haven't used the BP treatment on my jawline.. I'll start doing that now though.

Anyway! My left cheek? Only two small pimples:)

Right cheek - A bunch of pimples (6 - 7) in a cluster. (I broke out in December, and that's what I'm trying to heal through the regimen) They DEFINITELY look smaller and 3 or 4 of them seem to have dried up :)

The pimple on my chin is gone.

I didn't know the regimen would work so fast - ALL my pimples seem to be getting smaller and smaller every time I look in the mirror. I'm still not comfortable with my skin by any means, but I'm DEFINITELY making progress, and tons of it! I think this weekend will provide some ample healing time, and I'm planning on drinking lots of water and eating veggies to speed up the process:)

My guess is that this breakout I got, will most likely look 50% better than when I first started, by Monday. Heck, I think it already looks 50% better :]

Edited by silverangelx

Oh, I think I left something out... something else I'm VERY happy with - my package came in two business days! I ordered it Monday evening and it got here on Wednesday! I was so excited :) Especially because the products were being shipped from the west coast to the east coast! A +40 hour drive... and they were able to get it to me in only 2 days. :) I was very happy with that.

*Day 7 / start of Day 8*

It's 4:31 am right now so it's the end of day 7 and the start of day 8 for me...

nothing too new to report, (no new active pimples) just more healing :)

My old zits are flattening out, and I'm hoping to get rid of them within a week's time or so...

I was looking at myself in the mirror today and I actually smiled! For the first time in weeks, I smiled looking at my reflection. It was almost impossible for me to see my zits from a distance of 3-5 meters, and up close they did not look too bad at all! They're no longer red or tender to the touch... things are getting better:):)

I think I'll update next in about three or four days... unless I experience some kind of drastic clearing before then.

*Start of Day 11*

Wow, day 11 already? :) Okay, my skin HAS definitely improved from before.. (it is still nowhere near perfect, though)

but I did get a new zit on my left cheek and I can feel one coming on my right cheek... :( hopefully it won't grow into a zit and it'll just subside.

VERY dry skin. I'm flaking and peeling.. it's not painful, just unsightly and annoying. Hm. I thought I would easily be able to adjust to a full finger's length because I was doing it near the beginning with no dryness. I guess the dryness just now kicked in.

I'm going to school now. Not very excited about it, at all. Especially since I have a mini English presentation today :(

Hey dude , glad to hear thinga are working for you , quick question, when you used 10% of BP did you skin go red and flaky right ? and as time went by it adapted so its less, and now yu use 2.5 bp did your skin go red again ? cause mine did i used 5% of bp for a wekk and few day and when it ran out the net day i brought 2.5% and my skin started going red again, when it was adapting while i was using 5% ? surely its less powerful ? im confused

Hey renado - sorry I have to leave for school in a bit so I can't respond to you right away - I'll do it after school.

Quick update

*Start of Day 13*

Almost two weeks! Left cheek looks better, right cheek looks worse. (two new zits and the others haven't gone away yet)

Renado - For me, I'm assuming it was because I'm using a lot more of the 2.5% than I was of the 10%, so it made my skin peel and flake more. and also I didn't use the 10% for too long, just a little while.

Day 15

I woke up this morning with soft skin! SOFT skin! It wasn't really peeling and as dry as before. I still have pimples, yes, but nowhere near as bad as when I first started.

I got a new pimple on my left cheek and was VERY scared it'd turn into one of those huge zits that take forever to go away, but it just looks like a whitehead now... should go away soon :)

Got a pimple near my right cheekbone though I normally don't get them there. It's red, but not painful. It doesn't feel like it's very big, though it does sort of look big.

Oh, also, I have one above my mouth, under my nose... it's pretty red. And one on my temple. :/

I think I'm in my purging period, but it's really not so bad. My skin looks 10X better now than it did near the beginning of this ordeal..

Edited by silverangelx

Day 16

I was reading success stories to get me more optimistic, and I think it worked.

Anyway...

The regimen has really improved my skin so far, but you can still visibly see acne and for some reason the pimples that I have aren't... going away. They become small, and flatter, yet still visible in bright lights. And they feel like hard lumps when I touch them? But they don't really seem to want to disappear just yet :( That's why I freak out when I see a new pimple because I get scared that it'll last forever and just become one of these lump type things.

They'll go away, right? Has anyone had this happen to them? How long did they take to go away?

Overall, I'm more happy than I am sad, but I'm a little upset because I have a French presentation tomorrow and I hate being 'in the limelight' when I have pimples.

Just a word of advice and encouragement:

I personally never got the try the regimen. I am currently on Retin-A Micro.

However, not to pop your bubble, but do not be too impressed/fooled by the results. The use of BP takes at least 2 weeks to show if your skin has acclimatized to the product, and at least 4 weeks to show signs of results.

Secondly, do not be alarmed if you have sudden breakouts within the first couple of weeks. This is all part of your skin getting accustomed to the new routine/products. Keep going at it.

And it is important to try and change as little as possible, if any change at all, to your routine within...say...the first 1 1/2 months, if you want to see consistent results (whether they be good or bad).

Edited by SilentWalker

Just a word of advice and encouragement:

I personally never got the try the regimen. I am currently on Retin-A Micro.

However, not to pop your bubble, but do not be too impressed/fooled by the results. The use of BP takes at least 2 weeks to show if your skin has acclimatized to the product, and at least 4 weeks to show signs of results.

Secondly, do not be alarmed if you have sudden breakouts within the first couple of weeks. This is all part of your skin getting accustomed to the new routine/products. Keep going at it.

And it is important to try and change as little as possible, if any change at all, to your routine within...say...the first 1 1/2 months, if you want to see consistent results (whether they be good or bad).

Hey thanks :) Your post has helped me be more patient.

*Day 18*

Not much difference, but a new pimple on my left cheek, and I think I see another one coming up, but not too sure..

and a new, small pimple on my right cheek.

I'm *hoping* for clarity by February 2... (which would be... just about a month into the regimen) that would be the day P.E (gym class) starts. I didn't have P.E this semester, but I have it this upcoming semester, and I have to tie my hair up for it. (even if I didn't, people would see my acne anyway because I'd be moving around a bunch) So yeah! Hoping for clear skin by then!

heyy, nice log, im gonna watch this on because i just started my regimen last friday. anyway i wanted to ask what do you do when you ahve white heads. lol like i dont know if i should leave them or pop them

Umm, usually I try to leave them alone

but if they look so unappealing that I just have to pop them, I just use neosporin on it afterward so it heals faster and doesn't leave a red mark or scar.

*Day 19*

I've been trying not to get too impatient.

My left cheek is looking pretty terrible... after the 60-65% clearing I experienced, there's been pretty much a new breakout - four new pimples. (two are smaller, two others are large) Two pimples on my left jawline. Both big, but one huge. AND random blackheads? I've NEVER had blackheads on my cheeks... what is happening??

And I've been upset because it's day 19 but feels like im back at day 5 or something.

I'm really starting to freak out. What if my skin DOESN'T clear by February 2nd? That's... not really an option. I have to be clear by then! I mean come on, it's not like my acne was even too bad to begin with. It was borderline moderate, more toward the light side... and I thought it'd clear up in 2-3 weeks at most.

Ugh.. I shouldn't act like this, I know. But it's getting hard to cope with it when my face just seems to be getting worse.

*Day 20*

Day 20. Almost been three weeks. I looked at the success stories again and each one seemed to be: "Oh, the regimen got rid of my acne within two weeks!" or one week. or three weeks.

Well. It's been three weeks for me. Why am I not seeing results? I'm not going to discontinue the regimen, because I know some people see results later on, and plus I wouldn't have anything else to use if I quit using the regimen.

The texture of my skin looks awful. When I stretch my cheeks, flakes appear everywhere! I want to do the jojoba oil exfoliation but I can't seem to find jojoba oil anywhere. Tried 3 different stores already.

Tomorrow's my baby cousin's first birthday. Looks like I'll be celebrating with a still-broken out face.:(

*Day 21... three weeks*

Just woke up about an hour ago and did the DKR. I found I had three new pimples... :( again, in places where I don't normally get them. And none of my old pimples have completely healed yet. They just seem to get flatter but don't go away. And others take FOREVER, even though they're just normal pustules!

I'm upset. But I don't want to give up hope... this hope is what's keeping me functioning on a daily basis.

Wellll, I caved. I popped three pimples (two of the new ones, one that's a few days older) because I just couldn't stand it.... popping zits really speeds up the healing process for me, it seems...

I dabbed some neosporin on the popped zits and I'm hoping for the best. I tried not to get the neosporin anywhere except for on my popped pimples, though, because I've heard it can be comedogenic. (no idea if that's true or not, though)

I want to look nice for my cousin's birthday celebration this afternoon. :/