Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anonymou5

Hdfghfghdgfh

Congrats anonymou5! I´m really happy for you! This thread is truly inspiring since I´m on a candida diet myself. It´s really helping me to understand things I´m doing when reading your experiences, for example the die-off symptoms that come and go. One week I´m clear and feel awesome overall, the next week its back to hell. Fighting candida isn´t easy, but I really hope it´s worth it!

Kudos to you and Brenton B for showing us the way! Happy new year! :dance:

Congrats anonymou5! I´m really happy for you! This thread is truly inspiring since I´m on a candida diet myself. It´s really helping me to understand things I´m doing when reading your experiences, for example the die-off symptoms that come and go. One week I´m clear and feel awesome overall, the next week its back to hell. Fighting candida isn´t easy, but I really hope it´s worth it!

Kudos to you and Brenton B for showing us the way! Happy new year! :dance:

Thank you, I'm making it my goal to help others on the road to curing acne. I know how painful it can be mentally and physically. Happy new year to you as well, and DOWN WITH CANDIDA!!! :)

Guest DireStraits

Congrats, great results.

I assume you're using coconut oil and ACV as well to treat red marks left over?

Or do you use something different for that?

Congrats man its great you could do it the holistic way, really good. I have a question though. What do you do when you have to stray from your diet for social reasons? I did something similar in the acne no more ebook but i found it a bitch to maintain results because its impossible to always prepare your own food, find the time e.t.c. Good luck with your future and keep us updated if you maintain your results!

i remember getting banned for saying that shrooms are good at relieving stress and learning about your problems. a lot of people just don't get it, but that's alright. so what would you say was the silver bullet in clearing up your acne? the anti candida diet or the fast or vitamins?

and can you give us more detail as to what you actually ate for each meal in your day?

Edited by Swits

Congrats, great results.

I assume you're using coconut oil and ACV as well to treat red marks left over?

Or do you use something different for that?

Yeah I'm still using ACV at night, and coconut oil during the day when I don't need to go out. Otherwise I use aloe vera gel. They're fading verrrrrrrrrry slowly, but I know it'll take time.

Congrats man its great you could do it the holistic way, really good. I have a question though. What do you do when you have to stray from your diet for social reasons? I did something similar in the acne no more ebook but i found it a bitch to maintain results because its impossible to always prepare your own food, find the time e.t.c. Good luck with your future and keep us updated if you maintain your results!

To be honest, I never strayed from my diet once. I would always carry a large water bottle and some nuts or seeds with me. People thought it was weird, but I just made some excuses like "I'm trying to save money" or something like that. I live at home and commute to school, so I usually have time to cook for myself. I hear you though its definitely not easy for most people to keep up with

Hi,

I ve strated the candigone as well. How many courses of candigone did you take?

Congrats on getting clear.

x

I only took one course, but when that was done I started taking other anti-candida products like NOW Candida Clear. Now I've run out of that and switched to Olive Leaf extract. It's best to rotate them every so often so the candida doesn't become accustomed to it.

i remember getting banned for saying that shrooms are good at relieving stress and learning about your problems. a lot of people just don't get it, but that's alright. so what would you say was the silver bullet in clearing up your acne? the anti candida diet or the fast or vitamins?

and can you give us more detail as to what you actually ate for each meal in your day?

That's bogus. I'm just telling it how it happened.

Everything I mentioned played a role in getting me clear. I'd say the biggest factor was the candida diet and cleanse, but supplements also played a huge role in achieving that. Water is also a key factor, I usually drink a gallon of distilled water daily. As a rule of thumb, you should drink at least half of your body weight in ounces daily (180 lbs = 90 ozs). After the fast I felt amazing, my lungs and bowels cleared out significantly, but it didn't really help my acne at all. But if you're overweight or don't have regular bowel movements, fasting would greatly benefit you.

Heres a full list of things that you can/can't have:

Enjoy

Distilled water

Vegetables – Garlic, cucumbers, cabbage, broccoli, celery, lettuce, cauliflower, spinach, bell peppers, onions, zucchinis, green beans, etc.

Eggs

Meat - Beef, chicken, buffalo, bacon, goat, lamb, fish, etc.

Pumpkin/sunflower seeds

Almonds/cashews

Almond butter

EV coconut oil/EV olive oil

Apple cider vinegar

Sea salt

Herbs and spices

Avoid

Sugar (In any form)

Honey

Fruits/Fruit juices

Yeast

Any type of grain (Wheat, rye, oats, barley, brown rice, quinoa, corn, amaranth, buckwheat, oats, etc.)

Alcohol

Peanuts

Mushrooms

Dairy/Cheese

Vinegar

Starchy vegetables (Potatoes, legumes, carrots, sweet potatoes, yams, beans, squash, beets)

Here's some recipe ideas:

Tahini veggie dip

Mix to taste:

Tahini

Distilled water

Apple cider vinegar

Garlic

Onion powder

Olive oil

Easy salad dressing

Mix to taste:

Olive oil

Apple cider vinegar

Salt

Pepper

Oregano

Sautéed zucchini (try this, one of my favs!)

1 pound small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices

Salt and pepper to taste

Herb of choice, such as marjoram, oregano or thyme

1 tablespoon olive oil

Sprinkle the sliced zucchini with salt, pepper and herbs. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, adding more if needed to cover bottom. Add the zucchini and sauté until slightly tender and golden brown on each side, about 5 minutes per side. Enjoy!

Roasted sunflower seeds

Sunflower seeds

Salt

Garlic powder

Olive oil

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Mix seeds with olive oil and herbs and stir well. Spread out seeds over aluminum foil on a baking pan and cook for 25 minutes, or until toasted.

Italian spinach

¼ to ½ lb fresh spinach

1 tbsp olive oil

1 clove minced garlic

Sea salt

Black pepper

Wash spinach well and shake off water. Heat olive oil in a small skillet, add the garlic and sauté for a few minutes without letting the garlic brown. Add the spinach, cover, and simmer until leaves are wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Good Ole Potroast

This recipe calls for a 3lb brisket of beef. One clove garlic, minced. One large chopped onion, one bay leaf, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon course black pepper. You can add a variety of vegetables to this dish such as carrots, celery, bell peppers, squash etc for a one dish meal.

Preheat oven to 450. Rub meat with garlic and pepper and place in a greased heavy sauce pan. Brown meat for 10 minutes on each side. Add remaining ingredients and one cup of water, reduce heat to 300 and bake for about 3 hours or until tender.

Steamed Broccoli

Rinse off your broccoli well and break into bite-sized florets. Cut off the stem and peel off the thick skin around the stem. Quarter or halve the stem lengthwise. Bring 3/4 to 1 inch of water to a boil in a saucepan with a steamer. (Note that is you don't have a steamer, you can simply put the broccoli directly into an inch of boiling water.) Add the broccoli to the steamer and cover; reduce heat to medium and let cook for 6-7 minutes. The broccoli is done when you can pierce it with a fork. But be careful not to overcook the broccoli. As soon as it is pierce-able, remove from heat and place in a serving dish.

Seasoning: Sauté a few cloves of garlic in olive oil, add pepper and lemon juice. Pour over steamed broccoli.

Other ideas:

Sautéed chicken breast (Seasoned with sea salt and lemon pepper)

Sautéed fish (Seasoned with sea salt and lemon pepper)

Sautéed bell pepper (Seasoned with sea salt and pepper)

Sautéed zucchini (Seasoned with sea salt, garlic powder, and oregano)

Scrambled eggs with green peppers

Omelet with vegetables

Omelet with meat

Hardboiled eggs

Celery with almond butter

I am trying to jump in into this as it is really similar to paleo (paleo - fruits) and that's what got me the clearest, but I am having problems with the supplementation aspect. Could you summarize the supplements that need to be taken, when, for how long, in what months, etc. Thanks, I would appreciate it.

BTW, my idea is to do this diet for 2-3 months (/until I am completely clear) and then get back to my current diet, which is exactly this + fruits and tubers (no grains, no dairy, except for the weekly cheat after I am completely clear), will that work or do I have to keep this diet after I am clear?

I am trying to jump in into this as it is really similar to paleo (paleo - fruits) and that's what got me the clearest, but I am having problems with the supplementation aspect. Could you summarize the supplements that need to be taken, when, for how long, in what months, etc. Thanks, I would appreciate it.

BTW, my idea is to do this diet for 2-3 months (/until I am completely clear) and then get back to my current diet, which is exactly this + fruits and tubers (no grains, no dairy, except for the weekly cheat after I am completely clear), will that work or do I have to keep this diet after I am clear?

This is what I took throughout the whole process (All at their own suggested doses):

1. Whole food multivitamin

2. Omega 3-6-9 blend

3. Zinc

4. Probiotics

While taking all those and starting a strict candida diet, I did a 15-day CandiGone cleanse by RenewLife. When that ran out, I just started using other anti-fungals (One at a time) like NewChapter Candida Take Care, NOW Candida Clear, Olive Leaf Extract, Caprylic Acid, etc. You should rotate different products every time you run out to keep it guessing.

As for the length of time you need to be on the diet, it varies. I've been on it for nearly 3 months, and I think I'm going to go for four because although my acne is cleared, I still have a few small rashes that came back. It really depends how long you've had it living in you. You should be able to go back to a paleo diet after this, but you need to make the transition very slowly.

is rye bad? I eat something a lot thats high in rye. I cant give you the food because its dutch.

Good to see it worked for you mate, your acne was very mild in the first place but still a good improvement.

I didn't realise you fasted as well? How long did you do this for, was it before you started the candida cleanse?

is rye bad? I eat something a lot thats high in rye. I cant give you the food because its dutch.

Rye is a grain and a type of wheat, so it is not allowed.

Good to see it worked for you mate, your acne was very mild in the first place but still a good improvement.

I didn't realise you fasted as well? How long did you do this for, was it before you started the candida cleanse?

Thanks. Like I noted at the top of the post, my acne was much worse than that, I just put off taking a picture of it for such a long time. I used to have multiple whiteheads, blackheads, and cysts simultaneously.

I juice fasted for 22 days before the candida cleanse.

I just want to put this out here. The amount of Zinc your taking is too much.

"when used orally and appropriately. Zinc is safe in amounts that do not exceed the tolerable upper intake level (UL) of 40 mg/day"

Taking zinc higher than 40mg a day might decrease copper absorption and result in anemia.

Edited by alochet

I just want to put this out here. The amount of Zinc your taking is too much.

"when used orally and appropriately. Zinc is safe in amounts that do not exceed the tolerable upper intake level (UL) of 40 mg/day"

Taking zinc higher than 40mg a day might decrease copper absorption and result in anemia.

thanks for the heads up, with my multivitamin I guess I'm actually taking 90 mg of zinc daily. I'll probably just drop the extra zinc and stay at 15 mg daily.

wow that is good man, i admire how you went from the bottom up up and away :)

lol thanks, it feels good to clean n sober for once.

What supplements should I go out and buy? I was taking Candida Clear before, but when I ran out I had to settle for garlic. I'm going to a health store soon, but I don't think they sell any candida specific supplements, so I all have to get individual herbs. I was thinking of getting oil of oregano, and pau d'arco. I'll be taking them separately, but what do you think?

What supplements should I go out and buy? I was taking Candida Clear before, but when I ran out I had to settle for garlic. I'm going to a health store soon, but I don't think they sell any candida specific supplements, so I all have to get individual herbs. I was thinking of getting oil of oregano, and pau d'arco. I'll be taking them separately, but what do you think?

Olive Leaf Extract, Caprylic Acid, and Garlic are good ones, also look into probiotics. You could always order your vitamins online too, I've heard that vitacost.com is a good site. I've never tried Oil of Oregano but it is supposed to be an antifungal. As for pau d'arco, I heard it was rather weak.