Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm just starting to use Differin/Duac (Duac in the morning, Differing at night). I've used Duac for years but I'm now going to see if adding the Differin can clear up things up for good (Duac got rid of probably 75% of my acne).

So here's my question about Differin: Can I apply it to only parts of my face, or do I have to apply it completely all over? I basically don't get acne on my forehead or chin, so I see no point in applying it to those areas and risking an initial breakout. My plan was to just apply it to my cheeks and beard area (because that's where 99% of my acne is).

Is this okay? Or should Differin always be applied everywhere?

Thanks!

If I were you I'd only apply to your problem areas. If your forehead and chin are clear, don't even mess with them.

I apply my retinoid all over because I never know where I'm going to breakout. Plus, retinoids can help with skin texture and shallow scarring...and I need all the help I can get in that department.

If I were you I'd only apply to your problem areas. If your forehead and chin are clear, don't even mess with them.

I apply my retinoid all over because I never know where I'm going to breakout. Plus, retinoids can help with skin texture and shallow scarring...and I need all the help I can get in that department.

Thanks!

Yeah, I know retinoids are supposed to be good overall for your skin (make it look firmer, brighter, less wrinkles, etc.)- that's why I wasn't sure if using it only in my problem areas was a good idea...if it eventually works, I don't want to have half my skin look one way and the other half look another way.

Anyone else have thoughts?