Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mr8006

WEARING MAKE UP

HEY I AM A 16 YEAR OLD WHAT ARE THE SUGGESTIONS FOR MAKE UP WITH THE REGIMEN. CAN NOT GOT SCHOOL WITH OUT MAKE UP HELP

Moved to the Acne.org Regimen board.

A lot of people like mineral makeups, like EveryDay Minerals, and Dan and Brandy both recommend Almay.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">

A lot of people like mineral makeups, like EveryDay Minerals, and Dan and Brandy both recommend Almay.

Is this still good for covering up redness of acne and blemishes in general since its sheer or whatever? Sorry have no idea the diff between the two lol.

Edited by JayQ

Is this still good for covering up redness of acne and blemishes in general since its sheer or whatever? Sorry have no idea the diff between the two lol.

You know, I've never actually used Almay (although I've considered it), so I'm not sure what the coverage is like. Brandy might know.

physician's formula mineral pressed powder worked well for me. it doesn't give heavy coverage, but you can build it to medium. the shade range is minimal, though, and the staying power isn't the best.

No, DO NOT use almay if you are having problems with redness or have a lot of blemishes. When my skin was red while i tried it, it made it look more red since it does have a bit of an orange color to it ( i use the darkest shade medium for almay smart shade). But my redness is getting better and it looks great. I only recommend using if you have only minor acne and i mean MINOR!

I think the almay smart shade conclear is amazing. I highly recommend getting it if you are using the foundation or just on its own. It does provide more coverage. I believe the coverage of the foundation isnt as light as a tint but dark enough to cover hyperpigmentation and red marks.

You can layer the conclear if you need more coverage, and its great if you just want to spot conceal and for dark circle or bags under the eyes.

And mineral makeup would be better for the redness and blemishes. I have never used everyday minerals, but have used bare minerals and i think the foundation is great. I have had problems with the warmth and mineral veil. The coverage is great, b/c you can layer as needed and looks very natural too, like almay.

hi! i'm a makeup artist by profession & i suffered from acne for 10+ years until i recently found my own diet/exercise/skin regimen which has been working wonders.

when it comes to using makeup as a tool to cover your blemishes/redness it's very important to use high quality products that won't irritate your skin & will showcase your natural beauty, NOT mask it.

as a general rule, if you do have irritated skin you shouldn't be buying foundations/concealers at the drug store. an excellent brand to use is clinique. clinique is dermatologist made/recommended. my best advice is to go to a clinique counter, they will match your skin tone & advise you which foundation is perfect for you. i know it can be difficult to suffer from acne at 16 (i've been there!) but under some spots you have vibrant young skin & you should be proud of it! hope this has been a bit helpful!

good luck !

I use mineral makeup daily - either Afterglow or Everyday Minerals. Afterglow is organic. Everyday Minerals is not. (You can buy both online through their websites.)

I tried using Pur minerals, but that broke me out with a horrible itchy rash that took a full week to go away - it was the bismuth oxychloride ingredient. Pur is bad for sensitive skin.

My acne's completely gone, but I like using mineral makeup because it really evens out your skintone and it's fast and simple to apply with a kabuki brush. Unlike liquid foundations, mineral makeup feels light on your face, so I think it will be less likely to clog your pores. I also like how both Afterglow and Everyday Minerals DON'T contain the popular irritant, bismuth oxychloride. And the coverage is buildable. What's great, too, is that you use very little product, so it lasts longer than if you use liquid foundations.