Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RyanP

Basic moisturizer questions!

I have used Duac for quite awhile, but just started using both Duac and Differin (once a day each). Combine this with the cold weather and my skin is starting to get really dry.

I need to go get a moisturizer but I'm kind of nervous. My doc didn't say anything about moisturizer and I don't want something that makes me break out even worse. I'd rather just deal with the dry skin.

Soooo, which moisturizer should I get? Do most people who use topical gels use moisturizers too? How many times per day should I apply it? And does it go on before or after my Duac/Differin?

Thank you!

I've tried a lot of moisturizers, most which made me break out worse. So far *crosses fingers* I've good luck with Eucerin Redness Relief. Beware, it's GREEN! The green helps balance out the redness, though. Good luck!

You should always moisturize right after you apply your topical cream. Don't apply too much, as moisturizers can cause your face to become too greasy and that can cause breakouts as well. I personally use Clinique M lotion as my moisturizer. Read around other posts and you will find recommendations from others on a good moisturizer.

I have used Duac for quite awhile, but just started using both Duac and Differin (once a day each). Combine this with the cold weather and my skin is starting to get really dry.

I need to go get a moisturizer but I'm kind of nervous. My doc didn't say anything about moisturizer and I don't want something that makes me break out even worse. I'd rather just deal with the dry skin.

Soooo, which moisturizer should I get? Do most people who use topical gels use moisturizers too? How many times per day should I apply it? And does it go on before or after my Duac/Differin?

Thank you!

See my moisturizer.

i use Eucerin Sensitive Skin Everyday Protection Face Lotion. its light and is perfect for my skin. it also has a substantial amount of spf in it (which is essential for me). when you put it on, make sure that you rub it in really well, if you dont, you'll end up with some whitish residue on your face.