Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brissyguy

WHICH BREAD IS BEST? + WHICH SUBWAY SUB DO YOU USUALLY GET?

What bread is best when eating at subway? I usually go for multigrain or wheat (although I'm suspicious that multigrain is on white bread so I usually just get wheat).

I get it with all the salads.

Which sub combination is best in terms of bread, refined sugars and salt?

+ which bread in general is best for acne? Straight forward answers, not looking for paragraphs of personal opinions or citations from encyclopedias.

Wheat? Rye? Wheat free bread? Sourdough?

Sorry! But I've been trying to figure it out for yonks to no avail, give me your knowledge! Cheers!

What bread is best when eating at subway? I usually go for multigrain or wheat (although I'm suspicious that multigrain is on white bread so I usually just get wheat).

I get it with all the salads.

Which sub combination is best in terms of bread, refined sugars and salt?

+ which bread in general is best for acne? Straight forward answers, not looking for paragraphs of personal opinions or citations from encyclopedias.

Wheat? Rye? Wheat free bread? Sourdough?

Sorry! But I've been trying to figure it out for yonks to no avail, give me your knowledge! Cheers!

Google the ingredints in subway bread!!

I dont eat their anymore :)

I believe sourdough is the best withot doubt when you see the ingredients!!

Edited by AdamDolce10

I read that rye bread is best for acne and for insulin sensitivity (overall health) because it is Low GI and in modern times we are eating mostly HIGH-GI foods which is increasing diabetes incidence which is also tied to acne ("Diabetes of the skin").

I read that rye bread is best for acne and for insulin sensitivity (overall health) because it is Low GI and in modern times we are eating mostly HIGH-GI foods which is increasing diabetes incidence which is also tied to acne ("Diabetes of the skin").

Yeah but are we talking about a homemade, traditionally yeasted/prepared rye bread with a few ingredients, or refined white bread packed with artificial ingredients and preservatives that perhaps contains some rye flour?

Subway breads are all the latter... it's not going to come down to what is the best bread, but which is the least bad bread. Look at the ingredients list for subway bread:

Wheat Bread - Enriched flour (flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, whole wheat flour, high fructose corn syrup, wheat gluten, contains less than 2% of the following: wheat bran, yeast, salt, soybean oil, dough conditioner (acetylated tartaric acid esters of mono-and diglycerides, ammonium sulfate, calcium sulfate, ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide, potassium iodate, amylase (enzymes)], cracked wheat, sodium stearoyl-2-lactylate, caramel color (contains sulfites), dried honey preparation (honey powder, invert sugar, wheat starch, soy bran flour, silicon dioxide [anti-caking]), mineral oil. Contains soy and wheat.

Do you think that people preparing grain foods and baking breads for the past thousands of years had or needed 80% of those ingredients?

Damn. I got a subway gift certificate for christmas, and I am allergic to soy (protein and flour). I have to watch it with breads, because many that aren't home made or fresh are full of soy! I figured subway would have it...but never knew for sure. That sucks.

Guest DireStraits

Yeah same and i've never head of ezekiel bread until I began reading these forums.

Im looking at a pic of it now and im sure i've seen that kind of bread somewhere.

The wraps there have about half as many calories as the bread and twice the fiber (8 grams). I'm pretty sure they have soy flour/oil in them too however. I usually get chicken teriyaki on honey oat bread though cause it's a match made in heaven. :)

I read that wraps are even worse for you, even if they look smaller. I might just get a salad next time. Has anyone looked at the cheese? I'm eating like 10grams of fat for a footlong! No more cheese for me.

Wheat Bread + Chicken Teriyaki + Swiss Cheese + All Salads

(Swiss cheese is the best right?)

That looks alright.

Sweet Onion Sauce tastes so nice. But I think it's got lots of sugar and salt in it because it's so sweet.