Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
White Fox

Acne friendly breakfast for those bulking up!!

I have some problems with grains and also I don't want to use half an hour making brekfast so this is what i currently eat:

400 ml coconut milk(preferably organic) (don't buy the light version) = 800 kcal

2 dl fruit juice(not from concentrate) = 100 kcal

100 grams frozen strawberries = 50 kcal

2 bananas = 100 kcal

1 teaspoon cinnamon

===== 1050 kcal

Put everything in the mixer for 20 sec and you got breakfast.

And yes, I know it doesn't contain much protein so you should either get your protein in the rest of the meals that day or add some protein powder to the mix. I eat a lot so this might be to much for some people, therefore you can do less coconut milk to get less calories.

This isn't for everyone offcourse and won't suddenly make your acne go away.

Edited by White Fox

1 cup rolled whole grain oats=310 calories

200 ml coconut milk= 400 calories

100 grams blueberries= 50 calories

2 0z pumpkin seeds=300 calories

1 tblespoon coconut oil=135 calories

Total=1195 calories

that might be a little bit too much sugar for some. I tend to get all my carbs from tubers and starchy fruits these days.

I'd still look for something that is close to 100% whey protein (which after searching is hard to find). I do make smoothies but I dont see you guys adding anything green to the mix, try adding spinach or celeary to your mixes trust me it will help.

I'd still look for something that is close to 100% whey protein (which after searching is hard to find). I do make smoothies but I dont see you guys adding anything green to the mix, try adding spinach or celeary to your mixes trust me it will help.

I do this everyday but not for breakfast!!

My recipe is not a shake!!

Its a bowl of oatmeal you microwave for 5 mins!!

And dress with the seeds and berries eat the coconut oil to help absorb all nutrients

Its full of antioxidants, protein, very healthy fats, good low gi source of carbs,

And its satisfying, try it.

Btw only 3g of sugar from fruits.

Porridge is THE best and healthiest breakfast going. high in slow release carbs and high in protein (10-15g) per bowl. Followed by a home made protein shake, using whey protein, oats and a banana; it is a gods breakfast!

Total protein is ~ 40g

Total carbs is ~ 32g

Total sugar ~ 5g

The beautiful thing is porridge is only the starting point, you can throw anything you want on top of it; fruit, nuts, berries...etc etc...

The perfect start to the day! And more importantly no glycerin!

The protein shake is VERY easy to make. Glass of semi-skimmed milk, cup of oats, 1.5 cups of vanilla whey protein isolate ( need to get yourself a quality one) and a banana; then blend away!

Porridge is THE best and healthiest breakfast going. high in slow release carbs and high in protein (10-15g) per bowl.

Porridge or outmeal score the highest of any food in raising my blood glucose. Not saying this applies to everyone but at least for me the carbs are not released slowly.

Porridge is THE best and healthiest breakfast going. high in slow release carbs and high in protein (10-15g) per bowl.

Porridge or outmeal score the highest of any food in raising my blood glucose. Not saying this applies to everyone but at least for me the carbs are not released slowly.

You my friend should add cinnamon to your porridge/oatmeal. Its a recent discovery that there is correlation between cinnamon and blood glucose level.

One test involving 60 men and women found that taking as little as 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon a day lowered blood sugar by 18 to 29 percent.

Its also yummy :)

coconut milk tastes great and its the best replacement for dairy... but i'm wondering if the plastic leaching of BPA from canned foods (coconut milk) is something to be concerned about?

are there any coconut milks in glass or safer packaging?

10 grams BCAA's

buffalo steak burger (100 grams)

brazil nuts (40 grams)

Dates (30 grams)

up to 1 pound of random vegetable, depends on time, could be less. (generally carrots, celery, cucumber, green beans are the staples)

1/2 cup of oats

1 banana

2 egg whites

1 scoop of protein powder

2 cups of full cream milk

1 teaspoon of coffee

put in blender and done! :D

probably oats

but 2xs slice of brown wholemeal bread, 2x eggs

i have two slices of bread with marmite lol and grapes and a protein shake (water).

need to think of a good shake, i dont want to drink milk so what are my options

so oats in a protein shake best as i can get?

haha that sounds pretty dire.

don't think you can get that in the UK. Plus its known that nuts can aggravate acne

Its surprisingly tasty and yeah you can buy it here