Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
silverangelx

Convincing my mom to let me order the products?

I'm not quite sure this belongs in this particular section but.... my mother is a huge skeptic, and I mean huge. I tried explaining the regimen to her but she won't agree with me. She doesn't want me to order these products, but I really need them.

She thinks they won't work, just like everything else hasn't been working.

How would you convince a parent to let you order the products? I don't want to talk to my dad about it, because then I'll basically have to start back at square one, trying to explain everything to him the way I explained it to my mom. If I can't convince her, I'll talk to my dad as plan B.

But right now I'm wondering how to explain this to my mom. *sigh* Any suggestions?

So what does she recommend that you do if everything else hasn't worked?

Can you just buy the products yourself anyway? or do you need to her pay for them?

Tell her its your body, and you understand that it may not work, but that your research tells you that its at least worth a shot, has helped other people, and is relatively inexpensive.

Well technically if I payed by cash, I could buy the products myself...[i don't have a credit card] but I don't want to do anything my parents aren't okay with me doing.

Her recommendation is that I "do nothing" and just leave my skin the way it is. No topicals, nothing. She didn't have acne as a teenager so I don't think she understands that doing nothing probably won't work.

Get your parents on here to have a read. They will see how the Regimen has been successful for many people, including those that have tried numerous other methods. There are 105 pages of success stories here, if that isn't enough to convince her then I don't know what is! :P

She can always PM me, too.

I first came here because I was researching treatments for my daughter who had ZERO success with a number of derm prescribed products.

Parents think they know everything but alot of the times they know nothing.

I've tried accutane twice, just to have the acne return after 9 months. I started doing this regimen at night only back in august of 09, by november my skin was completely smooth and has been ever since.

Just order it regardless what your parents say! Not so you can be a bad kid, but I hated when my parents always doubted me just because I was kid, just to find out later that they agreed with me after all!

well, according to her sig info, she/he was able to convince his/her parents to let her/him buy it. : D

either that or he/she convinced his/her mom to buy it the first month, but the parent does not seem to see results, so is hesitant to buy it again.