Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
G-Town

Yet another no masturbation thread

Hi everyone.

I am very much getting sick of my moderate to severe acne, so, I am going to go all out and try this out.

Some people may say "this is stupid", "why are you doing this", "Masturbation doesn't cause acne" etc.

It has gotten to the point where I just dont care anymore. I will try anything and some people have reported good results with this, so, why not.

I am going to try and go for 30 days doing this, as that is how long it is 'till school goes back (I live in Australia).

BTW I am 15 years old and have masturbated atleast once a day for the last few years of my life. Lol.

Anyway. Here goes nothing. I have attached a photo so you can see the severity of my acne.

post-119644-1262517439_thumb.jpg

post-119644-1262517439_thumb.jpg

I'm also starting taking the famed colostrum to see if that helps me along.

ON TOP of that there is also:

55mg zinc

100mg minocycline

1g nicotinamide

It would be awesome if someone could do this with me. Its not just a test of reducing acne, but also a test of my self control.

And I can tell you. Its going to be great at the end of these 30 days (only 29 left!)

I'm also starting taking the famed colostrum to see if that helps me along.

ON TOP of that there is also:

55mg zinc

100mg minocycline

1g nicotinamide

It would be awesome if someone could do this with me. Its not just a test of reducing acne, but also a test of my self control.

And I can tell you. Its going to be great at the end of these 30 days (only 29 left!)

If you are taking colostrum you should not be taken the 100mg of minocycline. Antibiotics kill good bacteria flora in the gut and that is one of the things colostrum is trying to provide for you, good intestinal flora.

Edited by JayQ

good luck with kicking your habit...I went without for a month once, and my skin looked good.

but also reasearch apple cider vinegar it cleared me up like nothing else in a few days, its a little smelly, but it works great!

Well,

Its been almost a week and I have held up pretty well. Turning down temptation is always hard, but this is a massive challenge.

As the week has gone on I have been less inclined to do "it", It really is like kicking a habit.

@G-rogerg:

Glad to hear it went well for you. I have tried the ACV but it didnt work to well for me. Both drinking and applying it. Im not sure if I just didnt go for long enough or I am using a diluted brand. There is only one brand available here so I dont have much choise, though.

Anyway, I have by no means started to see less breakouts, but this could just be the Christmas-new-years-diet which hasn't finished doing its work yet. I wish I knew :evil:

Looking forwared to seeing what happens.

Pretty happy this morning.

I woke up with only a medium sized papule and a small cluster of tiny whiteheads.

This is much less than my usual 5-10 medium sized papules I usually wake up with.

I dont know whether it is the colostrum, the lack of masturbating, or the fact that I changed to a different brand of niacinamide yesterday, so I'm going to have to continue all those things, not that I have a problem with that.

Stumbled upon this thread and thought I'd throw all the knowledge I have in here; I play football in college and a bunch of my teammates always said "dont have sex or masturbate the night before a game." I thought this was dumb, but looked into it, and masturbation does something to testosterone levels. If you don't beat it for 6 or 7 days your testosterone will reach its peak.. which makes sense. (why it gets harder not to do it as time goes on!) But after this 7 day period your testosterone levels level out and go back down, and I believe they remain back down. I did this research several months ago and don't have any specific sources, nor am I guaranteeing you that this is all true, but that's my best attempt at explaining it. Good luck!

Dude, I'm rooting for you but Unfortuantely I think you caved in and let loose with one. Hope you didnt but I think you did. Its been 2 long witout a post

Yeah sorry all. I caved after a week. I didnt end up seeing results in that time but theres nothing to say I wouldnt have seen results if i had gone a bit longer.

Now I'm doing vitamin B5 and thats working great.

Edited by G-Town

mm, okay two weeks gone till the last time i jerked! my skin looks alot better, my mood is much better and i don't panic at interacting with girls&other people that much as i used to. now i only have some red points on my skin and some random zits there and there. it works try it!

i'm gonna continue this still and prob posting some updates SOON. keep czeching!

Sorry, I'm a newby to this site... so I'm not sure if I posted this in the right area... but here goes...

Is this "method" of acne control mostly for guys? I only ask this, because I've heard nothing but good things about having sex and it's effects on your body. (Other than maybe getting preggo :P)

Sex relieves stress, etc. etc. I'm not gonna do a search to give you details on it ... but bottom line is that I know masturbation/sex is good. ;)

Dang... You know a guy must've tried EVERYTHING if he's willing to try to go without sex/jerkin' it!

Wish you all the best of luck!

Well,

Its been almost a week and I have held up pretty well. Turning down temptation is always hard, but this is a massive challenge.

As the week has gone on I have been less inclined to do "it", It really is like kicking a habit.

@G-rogerg:

Glad to hear it went well for you. I have tried the ACV but it didnt work to well for me. Both drinking and applying it. Im not sure if I just didnt go for long enough or I am using a diluted brand. There is only one brand available here so I dont have much choise, though.

Anyway, I have by no means started to see less breakouts, but this could just be the Christmas-new-years-diet which hasn't finished doing its work yet. I wish I knew :evil:

Looking forwared to seeing what happens.

It's okay if you caved after a week, but just don't go back to doing it every day. Do it once a week, every week. It's not like a marathon to see how long you can go without sex/masturbation. It's about long-term moderation to let your hormones stabilize.