Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I got AHA+ a couple days ago and have been using it every night since to see how it would affect me.

So far, nothing has happened except that my face is A LOT smoother than it was before, and it is noticeably LESS red. Using it everyday hasn't been causing any new breakouts or anything.

So I got a few questions.

Should I continue to use the AHA every night? It seems my skin isn't really bothered by it. But just in case...

Would I break out eventually if I continue the use of AHA every night?

THANKS!

Since the AHA is pretty strong stuff, it can be irritating for some people to use it that often. If you're not experiencing any problems, though, I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you start to feel like your skin is irritated, cut back a little.

I can only use AHA about 2 or 3 times a week. Too often my face gets a very burned and angry red along with excessive peeling. I generally mix AHA with my Cetaphil moisturizer and apply it that way. If I apply straight aha to dry skin I get burned and red, and generally get a breakout.

Lol, thanks!

I use it every night but i find that it causes a lot of drying up the skin. When i get out of te shower it is pretty dry, but it is suppose to be a great exfoilater and moisturizer right? So thats why i keep using it. My face is pretty red when i first apply it too but it goes down overtime.

Lol, thanks!

I use it every night but i find that it causes a lot of drying up the skin. When i get out of te shower it is pretty dry, but it is suppose to be a great exfoilater and moisturizer right? So thats why i keep using it. My face is pretty red when i first apply it too but it goes down overtime.

Try cutting back to two or three times a week, and using your regular moisturizer the rest of the time. That might help. You might be irritating your skin by using the AHA that often.

Most people don't need to exfoliate every day. A few times a week is usually enough.

Lol, thanks!

Try cutting back to two or three times a week, and using your regular moisturizer the rest of the time. That might help. You might be irritating your skin by using the AHA that often.

Most people don't need to exfoliate every day. A few times a week is usually enough.

Well i bought a baby brush today so hopefully that will help with all the dead skin.