Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Renee12

Mineral Makeup

I am looking for a good mineral based makeup as an alternative to wearing foundation. I've notice that my breakouts get progressively worse when I wear foundation.

I am an African American women with medium brown skin and many of the major product lines don't carry my shade; not to mention makes my skin look ashy. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Please someone give me some guidance....

the two i have tried are bare minerals and everyday minerals. everyday minerals will even let you try it for free!! you just have to pay for shipping. they have alot of different colors and the prices are very reasonable so even if you have to mix colors to match your skin tone, it won't be expensive.

I'm also African American Renee and I've tried bare minerals in a Sephora store. I tested it on my hand and later on in the day it made me itch. I wouldn't recommend bare minerals if you have highly sensitive skin. They do carry our skin shade. ( from chestnut-medium to cocoa dark)

A good friend of mines recommended glominerals to me. I havent tried it yet but hopefully soon. Their products do not have some of the harmful agents in it such as Talc. ( Talk clogs pores and is one of the top agents for creating acne). Glominerals also has Vitamins A,C , and E in it which our skin thrives on! :)

here is the link for glominerals. The info I told you about above is in this section of the website.

http://www.glominerals.com/faq.aspx#1

http://www.glominerals.com

I hope this has helped!

Edited by SknBClear

I have been using Glominerals camouflage for 15 days and it is incredible. I have very light skin, mild acne problem on top of my melasma stains on my forehead and sides of my eyes. That stuff covers all redness and brown shades magically with a very thin layer of product. Then the beauty comes later, it does not cause new breakouts and cures acne and lightens the brown shades during the day. It has rosehip oil, jojoba esters, rosemary extracts in addition to minerals in it. It is actually good for your skin . I cannot imagine going somewhere without it now. I used MAC which was ok but didn't cover my red/brown shades that good, used clinique it just dried my whole skin out, clarins etc. None can come close to GLOMinerals.

I am looking for a good mineral based makeup as an alternative to wearing foundation. I've notice that my breakouts get progressively worse when I wear foundation.

I am an African American women with medium brown skin and many of the major product lines don't carry my shade; not to mention makes my skin look ashy. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Please someone give me some guidance....

Bare Minerals (bare eccentuals brand) contains a chemical called "Bismuth Oxychloride". I used it for 2 years or more, and now have acne as a result of the allergy and sensitivity to it. They do make bismuth free makeup now, same company...as for the "matte" version, and the mineral veil is safe to use also.

the two i have tried are bare minerals and everyday minerals. everyday minerals will even let you try it for free!! you just have to pay for shipping. they have alot of different colors and the prices are very reasonable so even if you have to mix colors to match your skin tone, it won't be expensive.

Be careful of your ingredients....watch for bismuth oxychloride...bad bad stuff. Check it and make sure your makeup does not contain this harmful chemical.

Adovia makes mineral makeup that's really great. You can buy it online at cleopatraschoice.com. The definately have a lot of different shades, including darker ones, and they have descriptions of each shade group and varieties with/without golden undertones. They have power and foundation and tinted moisturizer; all of these are awesome and have never irritated my skin.