Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jay326

Sugar in Fruit

I am following what I guess would be classified as an anti candida diet. I'm eating meat and green vegetables mainly. Is it okay to eat fruit considering they contain natural sugar or should I stay away from any kind of sugar 100%?

I am following what I guess would be classified as an anti candida diet. I'm eating meat and green vegetables mainly. Is it okay to eat fruit considering they contain natural sugar or should I stay away from any kind of sugar 100%?

I suggest eating fruits with low sugars.. such as

berries, kiwis and avocados. :)

I don't know what else.

no. Sugar is sugar. Candida feed of this.

refined sugars and sugar from fruits - Huge different. ;)

Not really, especially when it comes to Candida. Just stay away from ALL sugar, and reintroduce them very slowly.

Not really, especially when it comes to Candida. Just stay away from ALL sugar, and reintroduce them very slowly.

But then even veggies and whole grains are sugar. I mean they're complex carbs but turned into simple sugar anyway, just like at least half the protein consumed.

But then even veggies and whole grains are sugar. I mean they're complex carbs but turned into simple sugar anyway, just like at least half the protein consumed.

You're right, which is why with an anti-Candida diet, you must refrain from eating most grains and veggies high in carbs and sugar (potatoes, carrots, corn, etc.)

I guess it depends on if you feel fat or sugar is what actually worsens the candida. Theres many different theorys, i most defiently believe i have candida but am fine with high sugar fruits like pineapple whilst foods like avacados worsen my skin. I would just give it a try and see how you handle the fruits.

From what I have researched on anti-candida diet, you must not consume any sugar (including fruit) or anything that can convert to sugars such as carbs. Legumes and some starchy veggies are not recommended either. No yeast or mold such as cheese and peanuts (as peanuts can contain mold).

Depending on who you listen to, some say that you can eat granny smith apples, grapefruit and cranberries in moderation. Red potatoes may be an exception as well in moderation.

Follow this diet for 2 months and then very slowly introduce fruits and carbs into your diet.