Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DPRE

Need a moisturizer that well, MOISTURIZES!

Hello All,

i've been lurking over the site for about 3 years, but finally managed to register.

I have moderate acne, and i use the ACNEFREE 3 step system, and it really helps in clearing up my face. Only problem is, since it contains a cleanser with 2.5% BP, and a lotion with 3.5% BP, it tends to make my face dry and real tight.

So now, I need a moisturizer that doesnt just, sit on my skin, but actual HYDRATES it.

Moisturizers I've used (With AcneFree)

• Anthony Logistics for Men Facial Lotion
  • The Body Shoppe Vitamin E Intense Moisturizing Cream
  • Cerave Facial Lotion
  • Cetaphil Facial Lotion

Any new moisturizers that you feel would work?

Thanks in advance.

Have you considered adding a few drops of jojoba oil to your current moisturizer? A lot of people find that that can make all the difference in the world when it comes to dry skin.

I struggled with finding a moisturizer that actually worked for years, but didn't really find a good one until I started visiting this site. Try using Cerave cream instead of the lotion. I used the stuff while on Accutane and after, and it defintely works the best :cool: Good luck!

Thanks! I'll try it, but the Cerave cream does not contain any vitamin e. Wouldnt that be essential to hydrating skin?

Well, you don't necessarily need Vitamin E for hydration; I would try using the cream without adding anything first. Then, if you find that you need extra hydration, try adding Vitamin E (cut open a gel cap or buy the oil itself), almond oil or olive oil to your palm w/the cream and see how that works.