Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ThunderBird

Thoughts of the Regimen so far

Hi Everyone:

I just wanted to post my thoughts on the regimen thus far. I had quite a bit of acne just a week ago, and by using harsh soap to wash my face sort of exacerbated the problem. So I finally decided to do something about my acne and ordered Acne.Org regimen. So far I think it works great considering I only apply BP and moisturizer at night, and during the day I simply wash my face with the cleanser. Somehow for my skin it seems the BP and moisturizer do not absorb completely and therefore it always feels like there's a layer of shiny stuff over my face all the time, and that's the main reason why I only use it at night when I goto bed because I don't want to have the feeling of having things on my face throughout the day. Do any of you have the same feeling or is it just me?

Also my skin seems to have really high metabolism and a ton of dead skin sheds off on a daily basis, therefore I wash my face with a washing cloth to scrub off dead skin. In addition I also scrub my face with St.Ives Apricot scrub once every 2 days. Yes I get so much dead skin it's not even funny. If I don't scrub my face with wash cloth for even a day my face would be all rough and piled up with dead skin and whiteheads which will eventually lead to more acnes.

But other than the adjustment of only using BP & moisturizer at night and scrubing my face with wash cloth and facial scrub I've been following all other steps of the regimen, and I must say so far the result's been pretty impressive as my acnes had subsided considerably and my skin just feels so much smoother. Also I like the fact that the BP from this regimen isn't as irritating as the one from ProActiv. So this is day 2 on the regimen, I will post more of my thoughts as I use more of this regimen.

From the Acne.org Biggest Mistakes page:

- Adding in other products or steps: It is important that you wait until you are completely clear before adding in other products or steps to the Regimen. After you are completely clear, it is safe to add in one variable at a time and see how your skin will react.

- Removing Regimen steps: The Regimen works as outlined, so it is important that you not skip any of the steps. Cleanse, apply BP and moisturize twice daily, every day.

From the Acne.org Biggest Mistakes page:

- Adding in other products or steps: It is important that you wait until you are completely clear before adding in other products or steps to the Regimen. After you are completely clear, it is safe to add in one variable at a time and see how your skin will react.

- Removing Regimen steps: The Regimen works as outlined, so it is important that you not skip any of the steps. Cleanse, apply BP and moisturize twice daily, every day.

Exfoliating scrubs, such as St. Ives, that contain bits of ground up apricot or peach pits (or anything similar) aren't the greatest for acne-prone skin. The granules in them actually contain sharp, jagged edges which can cause micro-tears in your skin, which are not only irritating (and irritation can lead to breakouts), but make an excellent entry point for bacteria.

A better option, if you still want to use a manual exfoliant, would be to find one that has smooth, silica beads in it. These beads are just as good at helping to loosen up dry, dead skin, but because they're smooth, they're gentler on your skin. You could also try or .

Also, if you intend to use this thread as a place to track your progress with The Regimen, I'd be happy to move it over to the Acne.org Regimen Logs board for you. : )

Great! Thanks for the advice. I will definitely check out JoJoBa oil. I've heard a lot of good things about it from others but have never tried it myself. Do you know if there's anything that I should watch out for while using JoJoBa oil?

Thanks!

Great! Thanks for the advice. I will definitely check out JoJoBa oil. I've heard a lot of good things about it from others but have never tried it myself. Do you know if there's anything that I should watch out for while using JoJoBa oil?

Thanks!

A few people find that jojoba oil breaks them out, but that's going to be the case with any product out there. If you're concerned, try spot-testing it on your jawline for a week or two to see how your skin reacts before using it all over. And, lol, for the record, it's just 'jojoba oil'; not 'JoJoBa oil'. ; )

And did you want me to move this to the Logs board?

Thanks!

A few people find that jojoba oil breaks them out, but that's going to be the case with any product out there. If you're concerned, try spot-testing it on your jawline for a week or two to see how your skin reacts before using it all over. And, lol, for the record, it's just 'jojoba oil'; not 'JoJoBa oil'. ; )

And did you want me to move this to the Logs board?

Sure, move this to the logs board.