Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pete21

What is considered attractive

I took an upper level psychology course in human sexuality, and on the first day we discussed different views of sex in other cultures around the world. My professor then went on to give examples of physical features that are considered attractive in other parts of the world. For example, some cultures view being fat as attractive while others focus on neck length. Then she concluded by saying that the one feature that all cultures find attractive is soft, clear skin. That made me feel awful. Just felt like sharing.

Well, we can't deny that soft, clear skin is attractive. That's what we're all here striving for, right? Still, that's just one aspect, but not all. We're not out for one scent or one display of kooky feather flapping. We're not here to get turned on by one display of horn locking or jaw mauling. We're a bit more complicated than that, thank goodness!

Look here. Acne may seem the worst, but it's not. Exude confidence and a carefree sense of humor and you've got it made. Seriously. My BF doesn't has acne, but he's fat. And you know what? He's so funny and oozes confidence like he could bed the Queen of Sheeba if he so desires, and you know what? He probably could because of his confidence. Confidence and a total lack of self deprication is amazing.

No one got perfect skin except small children. Only the impossible is seem as beauty

Actually infants often suffer from pre-natal acne , atopic dermatitis , eczema and cradle cap...

No one got perfect skin except small children. Only the impossible is seem as beauty

Actually infants often suffer from pre-natal acne , atopic dermatitis , eczema and cradle cap...

Good point there I never thought of that one

While soft, clear skin can be beautiful, nothing is worse than a bad attitude and no self confidence.

I've met a lot of people with acne who carry themselves well and exude plenty of confidence.

I agree, people can be very astonished at the sight of acne. To some of them, acne is just a myth - something they may never become afflicted with. To some, acne is a tiny little whitehead or a red spot amidst a sea of perfectly smooth skin.

If acne appears to be so disturbing, and people expect us to act like some type of angry social outcast because of it, then we should strive to shatter expectations. We should be nice, happy, and energetic. Latch onto something much greater than becoming accepted for your clear skin. Do not let skin get you down, and live life. While living that life, incorporate some good habits and keep them. If you can do that, incorporate some more good habits.

Let's say you go out and run really fast and hard and ignore all of your problems. Your body becomes filled with endorphins and you achieve a "runner's high". You go back inside and realize you should eat something, so you eat a salad with perhaps some Tuna. After eating this salad, then what? Dread work? Dread school? Become tired? Dread life? Look in the mirror some more? Dread NOTHING! Go wash your face and become invigorated. Never stop being invigorated by life. Continue far past any tiresome drag that could slow down progress.

Let's say you go out and run really fast again. Good. This time you did it a second time and it is nearly a habit.

Let's say after a week, you stop running. OK. Fine. Some rest is good. But never become content.

Kick those bad habits, think good thoughts, and react positively. Maybe running is not your thing. Well do something else, because I feel exercise is absolutely key to curing acne.

Cliche but : Mind, Body, and Spirit.

While soft, clear skin can be beautiful, nothing is worse than a bad attitude and no self confidence.

I've met a lot of people with acne who carry themselves well and exude plenty of confidence.

I agree, people can be very astonished at the sight of acne. To some of them, acne is just a myth - something they may never become afflicted with. To some, acne is a tiny little whitehead or a red spot amidst a sea of perfectly smooth skin.

If acne appears to be so disturbing, and people expect us to act like some type of angry social outcast because of it, then we should strive to shatter expectations. We should be nice, happy, and energetic. Latch onto something much greater than becoming accepted for your clear skin. Do not let skin get you down, and live life. While living that life, incorporate some good habits and keep them. If you can do that, incorporate some more good habits.

Let's say you go out and run really fast and hard and ignore all of your problems. Your body becomes filled with endorphins and you achieve a "runner's high". You go back inside and realize you should eat something, so you eat a salad with perhaps some Tuna. After eating this salad, then what? Dread work? Dread school? Become tired? Dread life? Look in the mirror some more? Dread NOTHING! Go wash your face and become invigorated. Never stop being invigorated by life. Continue far past any tiresome drag that could slow down progress.

Let's say you go out and run really fast again. Good. This time you did it a second time and it is nearly a habit.

Let's say after a week, you stop running. OK. Fine. Some rest is good. But never become content.

Kick those bad habits, think good thoughts, and react positively. Maybe running is not your thing. Well do something else, because I feel exercise is absolutely key to curing acne.

Cliche but : Mind, Body, and Spirit.

yeh but if we had clear skin we could for fun and happiness go out to the pub with mates have some beers play pool, eat soem tasty pizza, then maybe get soem sexy girls for fun

But no cause we got acne this is impossible (well if you find it debailititign and want to cure it that is)...

What Im saying is I got mates from youth who were good looking, never had acne and they sepnt there whole lifes when not at work doing fun things like getting high, pulling girls, gettting drunk, eating whatever

NO thought about anything..they maybe go to the gym once in a while

But whereas me I do so much health/fitness/money/creams etc... stuff to fix my skin and cant enjoy even going out my house nevermind having a drink as being drunk with acne is no fun nor is the hangover and the worsened acne etc...

Hey bacneman - you from the UK? I had a roommate from London and you talk a lot like him.

Let me tell you a story that makes me appear to be wimpy.

I've had to live with roommates. During those times, my skin was disgusting. It was all too obvious that women would speak to me due to their feeling sorry for me. Let me tell you - nothing was worse than listening to my roommate(s) have sex in their bedrooms while I sat in my room a total virgin, absolutely mystified and obsessed about sex, thinking about what women really want... I'd sit in my room just trying not to lay down on a pile of cysts on my cheeks, feeling itchy from topicals. I'd sit there in my room completely sober, afraid to drink beer or anything of that nature because of what it might do to my skin.

Repeat the above story all throughout my life. Could I enjoy myself in a dimly lit room with a bunch of guys? Sure... But could I enjoy myself in a fluorescent mall or gym, glistening with oil slicks on my face and giant nodules popping out everywhere? Hell no...

Just letting you know I feel your pain... Just want to let you know that one day it will all be better.

Edited by jarrit

Hey bacneman - you from the UK? I had a roommate from London and you talk a lot like him.

I've had to live with roommates. During those times, my skin was disgusting. It was all too obvious that women would speak to me due to their feeling sorry for me. Let me tell you - nothing was worse than listening to my roommate(s) have sex in their bedrooms while I sat in my room a total virgin, absolutely mystified and obsessed about sex, thinking about what women really want... I'd sit in my room just trying not to lay down on a pile of cysts on my cheeks, feeling itchy from topicals. I'd sit there in my room completely sober, afraid to drink beer or anything of that nature because of what it might do to my skin.

Repeat the above story all throughout my life. Could I enjoy myself in a dimly lit room with a bunch of guys? Sure... But could I enjoy myself in a fluorescent mall or gym, glistening with oil slicks on my face and giant nodules popping out everywhere? Hell no...

Just letting you know I feel your pain... Just want to let you know that one day it will all be better.

exactly hwo do you think it amkes me feel when I hear sotries of my teenage cousins 15-19 havign sex and parties etc..and here i am nealry double there age and never had any off that..it makes me feel suicidal

Than I got students above 18-20 yers old parties all the time I hear them having sex..yet im 27 and live in my bedroom with my parents in the house below

Its a total embarssement...then look in the mirror and see an older man who never had nay this when young

thats the type of life that makes a serial killer...not joking..thats why better if im dead

oh i made a rply but it disapeared????

i was saying exactly

And the fact I got cousins 15-19 and they all ahve sex and go to parties..really rubs it in..I feel suicidal just thinking that here I am double there age almost and they are having the fun I never hda wehn I was there age...is sickening

Also I have students upstairs and i hear them having parties and sex and here I am stuck in my bedroom in my parents house like a little boy

its total soul destroying

yes exaclty..my cousins are 15-19 and go to aprties and have sex and there friends etc..I hear the stories ....plus when I was that age thats what my fiends from school were doingwhislt I was at home putting on acne creams and scared to get drunk..plus I went to one aprty at 16 and a girl that used to fancy me all thorugh high school siad oh your face is so disgusting..thats how bad my acne got at this point...and this was from a girl who had a crush on me all thorughout high school

after that I just never went out at all..At that age kids are nasty and all i ever herad was peopl sniggering or mocking my face which was pretty bad at that time also

Anyways as for now i stay in same bedroom in paretns house and above me are sutdends and I hear them have parties and sex all the time its just sickening