Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iceopal

so i guess i'm not going on tane.. ROP

today i was supposed to finally be able to fill the the oh-so-hard-to-obtain prescription known as accutane but upon calling the pharmacy to get a price for a one month supply that changed everything. 515 dollars a month. i literally gasped in the pharmacists ear! can anyone without insurance afford accutane? thats $3,605.00 for a 7 month course. hmm 3,605.00 ..thats could be a fat down payment on a boob job, a brand new car, i could go on several fabulous exotic vacations for that. ive definitly been doing some reevaluation especially considering my acne is not THAT bad. not $3,605.00 dollars worth anyway. I'm disapointed and frusterated because it's back to the drawing board again because theres no way i can pay that much a month. i was prepared for somewhere between $250-$300 range which still would have been a stretch for my finances. anyone have any advice on what to do know? spiro and bcp hasnt worked well for me..too many other side effects. im thinking of getting laser acne therapy for the time being and then maybe trying a naturepath for long term help. anyone had any success with either of those or any other advice?

Why not get your prescription through an online Canadian pharmacy? My prescription for 30 40mg of Clarus (Canada only generic) is only $85 CAD, and from what I have seen online it is about $100 USD through online pharmacies.

I would highly advise not to get your medications online, esspecially a dangerous one such as Accutane on the Internet.

If your acne is not that bad then I suggest you look at Lamarr1986 posts, Accutane made his worse and he cleared it up with light therapy.

good luck

I would highly advise not to get your medications online, esspecially a dangerous one such as Accutane on the Internet.

If your acne is not that bad then I suggest you look at Lamarr1986 posts, Accutane made his worse and he cleared it up with light therapy.

good luck

thanks ill do that!

good luck

I meant for the OP to get it from an online pharmacy, not to purchase some random drug from eBay etc.

today i was supposed to finally be able to fill the the oh-so-hard-to-obtain prescription known as accutane but upon calling the pharmacy to get a price for a one month supply that changed everything. 515 dollars a month. i literally gasped in the pharmacists ear! can anyone without insurance afford accutane? thats $3,605.00 for a 7 month course. hmm 3,605.00 ..thats could be a fat down payment on a boob job, a brand new car, i could go on several fabulous exotic vacations for that. ive definitly been doing some reevaluation especially considering my acne is not THAT bad. not $3,605.00 dollars worth anyway. I'm disapointed and frusterated because it's back to the drawing board again because theres no way i can pay that much a month. i was prepared for somewhere between $250-$300 range which still would have been a stretch for my finances. anyone have any advice on what to do know? spiro and bcp hasnt worked well for me..too many other side effects. im thinking of getting laser acne therapy for the time being and then maybe trying a naturepath for long term help. anyone had any success with either of those or any other advice?

The generic works just as well as the brand-name. Why didn't you get Sotret or Clarivis instead? I purchased my Sotret for 250$ 40mg a month. If your acne is only mild, I'm sure you're not even going on a high-dosage. Call the Pharmacy again and ask for the cost of a generic. Also, if anti-biotics and topicals haven't worked out for you, you should reconsider Accutane.