Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
electthedead01

oilve oil on foods?

i know olive oil is very healthy for the body but lots of people talk about using it on their face, i dont want to put it on my face but i was wondering if putting it on foods like salads and cooking it with stuff like chicken and other foods can help get rid of acne?

also is extra virgin oilve oil better than regular olive oil?

Edited by electthedead01

Moved to the Nutrition & Holistic Health board.

Olive oil is a healthy oil to consume (in small doses) in general. And extra virgin olive oil is a higher grade of olive oil than regular olive oil.

Yeah, EVOO is better for you but you really only want to put it on certain foods because the taste is very strong.

Look up, ghee.

Its clarified butter with all the milk removed from the butter, tastes great & you can cook with it. Saute, fry whatever.

Yeah, EVOO is better for you but you really only want to put it on certain foods because the taste is very strong.

Look up, ghee.

Its clarified butter with all the milk removed from the butter, tastes great & you can cook with it. Saute, fry whatever.

hm. i am going to try ghee

i know olive oil is very healthy for the body but lots of people talk about using it on their face, i dont want to put it on my face but i was wondering if putting it on foods like salads and cooking it with stuff like chicken and other foods can help get rid of acne?

also is extra virgin oilve oil better than regular olive oil?

Get extra-virgin olive oil for salads.. and use olive oil for cooking.. However, I would replace olive oil with extra virgin coconut oil. :)

I use coconut oil for cooking... it's great...

I never heard of oils getting rid of acne.. but it's healthy. :)

Edited by EddieE

I use copious quantities of Extra virgin olive oil everyday and its fine!!

Fantastic for impurities in the body!!

Also as Eddie said virgin coconut oil is amazing for acne when you eat it and has so many health benenfits!