Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tangerine

"Do nothing" regimen for girls

I am fed up with acne... I feel like I've had acne a lot longer than I should have due to finding this site and slathering BP on my face twice a day for four years. I don't have severe acne, no one in my family has acne, I'm 22.... I just feel like maybe.... it's time to go cold turkey.

However, I just started Carley's Clear and Smooth treatment about a month ago and it's breaking me out like nobody's business.... sent my mild acne to a clear moderate. I'm ready to 'do nothing'.

However.... how do girls do the do nothing regimen? I don't want to pretend I'm going to stop using makeup, especially when I'm breaking out the worst I ever have in my life. I'd love to just splash some water on my face, but it doesn't seem a good idea to leave makeup caked on your face day after day. I use natural mineral makeup and was thinking of doing nothing in the morning, and washing with a nice natural ph balacned soap in the evening to wash the makeup off... or does this ruin the purpose of the 'do nothing'?

Any girls tried the do nothing with success?

I'm sorta on the "do nothing" method (occasionally apply jojoba, avoid water but don't freak if it touches my face). But I only wear mascara if any makeup, which I remove with jojoba. Sorry not much help for what you're asking, although you could try the OCM or removing all your makeup with jojoba...

Good luck.

i tried doing nothing but washing with water, & i dont even use make up :( just got worse N worse, Umm im on vichy normaderm right now, & im loving results everyday overnight my acne is appearing less red everyday & after my morning showers my acne leaks oils gross but true lol i plan to stop using stuff on my face after acnes gone though.im a week in btw

goodluck

I'm sorta on the "do nothing" method (occasionally apply jojoba, avoid water but don't freak if it touches my face). But I only wear mascara if any makeup, which I remove with jojoba. Sorry not much help for what you're asking, although you could try the OCM or removing all your makeup with jojoba...

Good luck.

Hey LittleTweety, I checked out your thread and your face is looking amazing! Good job!

Thanks for the tip about the jojoba, I think that's what I'll do. Do nothing in the morning, apply mineral makeup only to the spots for coverage (I can't bear to go without... my ego I guess), and simply get it off at night with jojoba oil, instead of washing.

Good luck, ladies

i just use the dove sensitive skin bar (its white, no fragrance, plain and simple) to wash off my makeup. then again, i barely wear any makeup. just some powder and a little blush. i use vaseline to remove my eye makeup and mascara.

i used to overload my face with microdermabrasion, exfoliation, apricot scrubs, lemon juice, BP, etc. but i think that it may have worsened my acne. so yes, i have a "do nothing" regimen.