Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andyc192

laser resurfacing

hi there i had co2 laser resurfacing 7 months ago, PAiNFULL, iam just wondering when iam allowed to get another treatment as i will need another, do i have to wait a year after or will it be safe to get 1 now

I had this last december , your skin has been through a lot of trauma i don't hink you'll be eligible for any further treatment for at least 18 months after your initial procedure if at all.

Hi, I am a dermatologist working in India. I read the posts on laser resurfacing when I searched for fractional resurfacing. I would like to tell you that pixel is the trademark name for frational Er:YAg laser from Alma and FRAXEL is frational Co2 laser. Er: Yag laser is more superficial, so less effect and side-effects. Where as, Fractional CO2 is much deeper, gives much better results and has a possibility of post surgery pigmentation. I have used both pixel and fractional CO2 laser laser and personally I prefer CO2. I have done CO2 fractional in about 80 patients till date and I had only 1 patient with pigmentation. Even that was easily removed with lightening preparations.

hi there i had co2 laser resurfacing 7 months ago, PAiNFULL, iam just wondering when iam allowed to get another treatment as i will need another, do i have to wait a year after or will it be safe to get 1 now

Hola :) I am on topical acne gels: Epiduo and Atralin. My derma said if they didn't go away that I'd have to go laser surgery. Does it hurt? And um...what does it look like afterwards? I mean right, right, afterwards...after you step out the room. :S

Hola :) I am on topical acne gels: Epiduo and Atralin. My derma said if they didn't go away that I'd have to go laser surgery. Does it hurt? And um...what does it look like afterwards? I mean right, right, afterwards...after you step out the room. :S

I don't know if this is the same procedure, but I had the pearl laser treatment by Cutera done a couple of summers ago and I wouldn't recommend it. First off, it was extremely painful. Probably one of the worst pains I've experienced. The numbing cream that was provided had all but worn off by the time the procedure had started, and I'm not sure if that's true of all cases, but it did not make my experience any easier. Second, I had about a week of downtime afterwards. I COULD have gone out, if I wanted to, but I had to keep a thick layer of aquaphor (the consistancy of Vaseline) on my dried out, cracked skin and it looks pretty gross and gets all over everything, so I just stayed in. And finally, it cost me A LOT of money. One session (at Acne Clinics of Canada, in Edmonton Alberta) cost $700 CND, and it is normally recommended that you do two.

I didn't do the second session and I still regret doing the first. Nothing bad happened to my skin, but nothing all that great happened to it either. I don't see much difference in my scarring and I could have saved myself $700 and a lot of pain.

As for what you look like afterwards, I walked out with extreme redness and a sort of light honeycomb pattern on parts of my face which lasted the better part of a week. Also, I had a shiny, thick, gooey layer of aquaphor all over my face, and had to ride the bus home. You think people stare at your acne? Try looking like a human tub of Vaseline on public transit.