Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noa27

I need some info about the dermaroll! (Only users!)

I think about it to use a dermaroll... I have moderate scars on both of my cheeks and i really want to get rid of it :) These are my questions...

-Does it hurt?

-Whitch dermaroller is the best?

-How much downtime?

-Does it bleed?

-Can you use it on a skin who was lasered? I've did 6 sessions of cool-frax laser like 2 years ago

-Is it easely useble at home?

-How many mm for red marks and rolling scars?

-Does it work?

-Does it ruin your skin?

-Does it hurt?

Yes, it really depends on your pain tolerance. I've always done without numbing cream or ice. It's really no big deal for me, a TCA peels stings more.

With the derma stamp there's almost no pain.

-Whitch dermaroller is the best?

For treating the cheeks you should really go with a 1.5mm derma stamp, http://www.google.com/products?q=derma+needle+stamp+1.5mm

I've used many rollers before, I like a stamp much better for treating the cheeks, you can try both a roller and a stamp, I'm sure you will also like the stamp better for treating the cheeks area.

-How much downtime?

Your skin will be red for a few days. Make up may be used to hide this; however, if you're a dude that might no be an option.

-Does it bleed?

Yes, if you do it correctly you will see bleeding, though the micro wounds heal almost instantly, just wipe with a moist cotton pad.

-Can you use it on a skin who was lasered? I've did 6 sessions of cool-frax laser like 2 years ago

Don't know about this, but I'd say it's probably OK since it's been 2 years already.

-Is it easely useble at home?

Yes, definitely. Just use common sense. Clean everything properly.

-How many mm for red marks and rolling scars?

1.5mm is the most used, especially when treating yourself. That should work for red marks and rolling scars.

-Does it work?

Yes, but you have to give it some time and when needling you really have to roll or stamp many times to get a good needling on the scars.

-Does it ruin your skin?

Haven't really heard of this.

In my case, from needling, I think I made a couple of scars worse on my forehead, but that was when using a tattoo needle, not a derma roller or stamp.

If you read a bit more, you'll realize this is one of the safest things.

Yes, you definitely need to clear your acne first. You can't needle on active acne.

About red marks, if it's very fresh I think it's better to wait. If it's more than 2 months old you can go ahead and needle it, it will most likely help eliminate the red mark much faster.

Okay guys,

So I've been hearing of dermarolling for quite sometime...I have just done a little research and have not read the entire thread lamarr posted but read a little here and there.

It seems like a fairly simple device that doesn't give downtime:

I have a question for TJ101:

Where did you buy your dermaroll?

What scars did you use it on?

Are you satisfied and after how many rolls did you notice results? How much time did you do between each dermaroll?

Okay guys,

So I've been hearing of dermarolling for quite sometime...I have just done a little research and have not read the entire thread lamarr posted but read a little here and there.

It seems like a fairly simple device that doesn't give downtime:

I have a question for TJ101:

Where did you buy your dermaroll?

What scars did you use it on?

Are you satisfied and after how many rolls did you notice results? How much time did you do between each dermaroll?

I've bought several derma rollers. There's one with a larger roller and one with a smaller roller.

I like the smaller roller better for treating the face. From the ones I've purchased I like the Dr. Roller which I bought from ebay and another one I bought on ebay(it's like this one http://www.google.com/product_url?q=http:/...products_id%3D8 )

If you're going to treat only the cheeks area, you might want to try a needle stamp instead.

I've got all types of scars, mostly rolling scars, but also have some icepick and boxcar type scars. Most of my scars are concentrated on my cheeks and right temple area.

As far as being satisfied with the results, I just posted this on another related thread:

As far as results from using a roller, I didn't really roll consistently or very well, like DudleyDoRight said, I also kind of got tired of doing it. 'Cause to roll right I had to do it very slowly and it takes a long time to do the whole face.

I'm one of those people who many times feel like fainting when they see blood, so I could only do a little at a time. I'd say I used a roller like 10 - 12 times. I saw about 30% improvement in a year, which to me is not much.

I got a needle stamp about 3 months ago, which I like a lot because it penetrates easier on the cheeks and temple area where I have most of my scars and there's much less pain when needling. I can really do a good treatment with this in a relatively short time.

So far I've done two treatments with the needle stamp. The last one about 15 - 20 days ago. Right now my skin is looking probably the best since I had scars, but it might be too early to tell if this is a permanent result. I'd say right now I see an additional 20% - 30% improvement just from the last 2 treatments with the stamp.

I will keep doing monthly treatments with the needle stamp and report on the final results later.

Edit: it seems the google link I gave it's not working, must be 'cause I was logged in to my gmail account while using google search and copied and pasted the link, anyway this was it derma roller 1.5mm

Edited by tj101

what is a needle stamp? Is that a form of dermaroller? Where did you purchase that?

Would it be better to do the demrarolling first like you and then do needlestamp?

It's just another device to do needling

http://www.google.com/products?q=derma+nee...;hl=en&aq=f

You can use a roller or the stamp, whatever you like or feel works best.

I like the stamp better for treating the cheeks and temples area. I feel there's much less pain from using a stamp than a roller and allows me to do a better faster treatment(at least on the cheeks and temple area).

You can get both a roller and a stamp and see which works best for you.

tj it does appear that you could be more accurate with the stamp. How many stamps do you do for each area, and do you rotate the stamper? I have only used the 1.5 mm roller.

It seems I can't find my needle stamp, I'll need to buy another one. Without having it on hand, I'd say it covers an area of about 1.5cm by 2.5cm.

I try to stamp at least 40 - 50 times for each area.

I do rotate it, but not sure if that's important. My routine is normally to stamp 10 times horizontally, 10 times vertically and 10 times in each diagonal position, similar to how you roll with a roller.

Edited by tj101