Notifications
Clear all

Vitamin A cleared me up 100% in 48 hrs!!!

MemberMember
(@lll3)

Posted : 01/02/2010 2:31 am

Yes, literally!!

50,000 IU/day (2 pills)

That dosage might be on the high side but at this point I really don't care anymore! Tomorrow, I'm going out to the mall during the day, then out with friends to a night club and I'm going to have the time of my life knowing that I don't have worry on my mind about how my skin is looking!!!!!

Right now I'm all clear, except for 2 barely noticeable ones from a week ago. they are small and really don't bother me at all. I feel incredible.

After a week, I will cut down to 25,000 IU /day. This stuff really did the trick guys. I think everyone should be trying this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caitlin W liked
MemberMember
(@mumble)

Posted : 01/02/2010 2:39 am

I am very tempted. :D Because I am having Cod Liver Oil capsules at the moment and I am not getting the same result. It hasn't even been a week though. I have to have ten capsules to equal 10, 000 IU. So when it runs out I'll try and get Vitamin A if I can. What brand did you use?

MemberMember
(@lll3)

Posted : 01/02/2010 2:44 am

Carlson is the brand. It says Vitamin A 25,000 IU with pectin?!@#$

Do yourself a favor and just stop whatever you are doing and go out to get yourself these pills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!! and let me know how they work for you

keep in mind they must be taken with vitamin B2 in order for them to work properly. for each 25,000 IU, take 250 mg of B2. I take 50,000 IU vit A and 500mg B2 over the course of a day

MemberMember
(@warrior-of-acne)

Posted : 01/02/2010 2:50 am

Yes, literally!!

50,000 IU/day (2 pills)

That dosage might be on the high side but at this point I really don't care anymore! Tomorrow, I'm going out to the mall during the day, then out with friends to a night club and I'm going to have the time of my life knowing that I don't have worry on my mind about how my skin is looking!!!!!

Right now I'm all clear, except for 2 barely noticeable ones from a week ago. they are small and really don't bother me at all. I feel incredible.

After a week, I will cut down to 25,000 IU /day. This stuff really did the trick guys. I think everyone should be trying this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very happy that you are clear but be safe. I did that for a while and regret it, even though I did not suffer any severe side effects. If you read the post by Sowet, he has some damage (what he thinks) from megadosing on vitamin a. It is very unhealthy and would probably be better to just go on Accutane since you are closely monitored while on the drug.

MemberMember
(@mumble)

Posted : 01/02/2010 2:56 am

I am thinking of getting straight Vitamin A. Not from Fish or Liver this time. But I don't think I will try more then 30, 000 IU's a day.

MemberMember
(@mumble)

Posted : 01/02/2010 3:01 am

LLL3, what is the main ingredient in your Viatmin A? I know I can't have Blackmore's or Nature's Own Vitamin A (Australian brands), because they contain Peanut Oil, so i'm looking at Thompson's Vitamin A, 10, 000 IU's a capsule.

MemberMember
(@lll3)

Posted : 01/02/2010 3:27 am

it says it's from fish liver oil. also contains: soybean oil, gelatin, glycerin, beeswax, apple and/or citrus pectin, lecithin(soybeans.

MemberMember
(@mumble)

Posted : 01/02/2010 3:38 am

Oh, okay, that would be fine for me, but you live in America don't you? I'll find something similar here anyway.

MemberMember
(@white-fox)

Posted : 01/02/2010 12:03 pm

It cleared me in 3 hours!!!! I just took one pill and all the acne and marks suddenly disappeared

MemberMember
(@steviec)

Posted : 01/02/2010 12:35 pm

Oh, okay, that would be fine for me, but you live in America don't you? I'll find something similar here anyway.

Give over!

It would take more than 3 hours for it to be absorbed inside your body, nevermind physically doing anything to the acne.

MemberMember
(@lll3)

Posted : 01/02/2010 12:58 pm

It cleared me in 3 hours!!!! I just took one pill and all the acne and marks suddenly disappeared

Is this a joke? I hope so. Either that or you were mocking me for having said that vitamin A cleared me in 2 days, because it's hard to believe?!? Yes, it is hard to believe, trust me. I just woke up and for the first time in a loooong time, I have no new acne!

I highly recommend everyone who is considering vitamin A supplements to do extensive research on it and it's effects on acne! There can be some side effects( that I'm a not currently experiencing)

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 01/02/2010 1:37 pm

Vitamin A is great! It seems to help me

But as for the dangers, they do exist....but vitamin A is not going to cause long term side affects unless you ARE in fact mega-dosing. I'm taking 4,000 iu daily. 10,000 is the limit. Even pregnant women can take vitamin A in very low doses.

MemberMember
(@samesonganddance)

Posted : 01/02/2010 5:45 pm

I wouldn't recommend 50,000 I.U to anybody. That is a very unsafe amount. I just started rocking 8,000 I.U daily and I'll probably achieve the same results slowly but surely but more importantly, safely. IMO the most you can take daily without reaching toxicity levels is 10,000 I.U. Please, no one try 50,000. Some mild symptoms of Vitamin A overdose are orange skin, blurred vision and nausea. Severe symptoms include hair loss, enlarged spleen/liver and growth retardation.

MemberMember
(@shaty)

Posted : 01/02/2010 5:54 pm

Is this a joke? I hope so. Either that or you were mocking me for having said that vitamin A cleared me in 2 days, because it's hard to believe?!? Yes, it is hard to believe, trust me. I just woke up and for the first time in a loooong time, I have no new acne!

I highly recommend everyone who is considering vitamin A supplements to do extensive research on it and it's effects on acne! There can be some side effects( that I'm a not currently experiencing)

hes just mocking you with all the exclamations points you use. and id try this but i dont want any hairloss that would suck

MemberMember
(@lll3)

Posted : 01/02/2010 6:52 pm

update: day 4 : Skin is still completely clear. I'm feeling just a little more tired than usual and I have slight headache. that's about it. I will lower my daily dosage to 25,000 IU ( 1 pill) and see what happens.

MemberMember
(@jay326)

Posted : 01/02/2010 7:02 pm

Maybe a dumb question but does anyone know of Vitamin A comes in a powder or chewable? :[

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 01/02/2010 8:56 pm

When I started eating sweet potatoes I saw improvement!

Sweet potatoes is loaded with vit A.

You don't need pills..

MemberMember
(@alex_09)

Posted : 01/02/2010 9:38 pm

I have been taking 30,000 IU of vit A for a few weeks now. and I know what youre talking about - Results are AMAZING! I am almost clear now. I still have to deal with brown spots though :(. I use GNC 10,000 IU brand. I didnt see results in 2 days though. it took me about a week to see noticeably clearer skin. maybe it because im taking a lower dosage? I would stick to the safe side though. im sure you dont need that much vitamin A.

MemberMember
(@lll3)

Posted : 01/02/2010 9:44 pm

I have been taking 30,000 IU of vit A for a few weeks now. and I know what youre talking about - Results are AMAZING! I am almost clear now. I still have to deal with brown spots though :(. I use GNC 10,000 IU brand. I didnt see results in 2 days though. it took me about a week to see noticeably clearer skin. maybe it because im taking a lower dosage? I would stick to the safe side though. im sure you dont need that much vitamin A.

Yes, it is most likely because you are taking a lower dosage than me.

I will see a dermatologist for the first time ever on tuesday so I will definitely ask him about vitamin A. My face looks clear now so the doc will like "um whats the problem?" lol. I need to explain to him that I have been on high doses of vit A and if I stop, the acne will return. I'll let you guys know what he says.

MemberMember
(@milgirl)

Posted : 01/02/2010 11:19 pm

I tried increasing my vitamin A a few weeks ago. I noted severe stomach pain - upper area of abdomen. When I stopped taking the increased dose, the pain stopped. Not a coincidence. I had been on 8,000 IU a day, went up to 16,000 for a few days, and two days I tried 24,000 - that's when it the pain hit. I now only take 8,000 (1 gel tab). Be careful. Some people have had SEVERE side effects from OD'ing on vitamins.

MemberMember
(@lll3)

Posted : 01/03/2010 3:52 pm

Day 5 : Skin is still clear, no new acne. I still get minor headaches from time to time. My skin appears to have a slight orange color to it. and my face is dry. I used to get dry from washing too much or applying too much bp or exfoliating too much but for the past month I've been washing only 2x/day with very little bp and my face has not been dry at all. It is noticeably more dry now after 4 days of taking 50,000 IU vitA/500mg b2. My last dose was yesterday with dinner. I will cut down to 25,000 IU/250mg per day from now on. Oh and I have even been drinking ALOT of water. probably more than 8 full glasses/day for about 2 weeks now.

summary: clear but dry and slightly "orange" skin

MemberMember
(@alex_09)

Posted : 01/03/2010 7:50 pm

Day 5 : Skin is still clear, no new acne. I still get minor headaches from time to time. My skin appears to have a slight orange color to it. and my face is dry. I used to get dry from washing too much or applying too much bp or exfoliating too much but for the past month I've been washing only 2x/day with very little bp and my face has not been dry at all. It is noticeably more dry now after 4 days of taking 50,000 IU vitA/500mg b2. My last dose was yesterday with dinner. I will cut down to 25,000 IU/250mg per day from now on. Oh and I have even been drinking ALOT of water. probably more than 8 full glasses/day for about 2 weeks now.

I would cut down to less than 25,000 IU if I were you. If i remember my research correctly, Orange/yellowish skin is one of the first symptoms of an overdose. and since vitamin A is fat soluble it can build up in your body and become toxic. then you get things like osteoporosis, blindness, baldness, liver damage and a bunch of other bad things you dont want.

MemberMember
(@mumble)

Posted : 01/03/2010 8:25 pm

I would cut down to less than 25,000 IU if I were you. If i remember my research correctly, Orange/yellowish skin is one of the first symptoms of an overdose. and since vitamin A is fat soluble it can build up in your body and become toxic. then you get things like osteoporosis, blindness, baldness, liver damage and a bunch of other bad things you dont want.

I agree Red2528, 25, 000 IU's of Vitamin A for a maitenence does a day is a fair bit. That much of Vitamin A is used to treat acne, not to maintain your clear skin.

Just for comparisons sake....how much Vitamin A would be generally used for Accutane daily?

MemberMember
(@chocobot)

Posted : 01/03/2010 8:30 pm

50,000ui a day?

Stupid.

Might as well get Accutane prescribed, and have a professional check on you. You are slowly showing all the signs of someone who is overdosing on Vitamin A.

I take 10,000ui a day and even I am uneasy about it because it seems high. But at least I have no side effect. I might cut it to one every two days, since I also take Niacin which also appears to help. I'm hoping to actually stop taking any supplement and just eat better and workout.

1 carrot a day = daily recommended intake of Vitamin A.

MemberMember
(@alex_09)

Posted : 01/03/2010 10:50 pm

Just for comparisons sake....how much Vitamin A would be generally used for Accutane daily?

I believe that accutane can be the equivalent of 100,000 IU - 500,000 IU of vitamin A depending on the dose. Keep in mind however that accutane is a synthetic, less toxic derivative of vitamin A.