Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joojoobe

The horrors of a Korean supermarket

My acne used to be moderate but is now very mild (Maybe two or three spots), and I usually feel fine going places without my Mineral makeup. But there is one place that I can't EVERR: Korean supermarkets.

I swear, I think they are the WORSt place for people with spots. It's wierd but it seems like EVERYONE there have beautiful, pale, absolutely clear, poreless skin. I don't think I've ever seen anyone with more than one spot. Literally.

I'm like one of the few koreans who have acne, and the women at the makeup counters (Korean supermarkets have clothes and makeup counters in them) always hound me trying to sell their products. it is so embarrasing ><

I always pile on my MMU before I go and my mom is always like "I don't understand you. We're just going to the supermarket" ><!!

I hate being there because I feel like my spots are the first thing they notice. Asians are pretty judgemental so...

Don't worry about it. Those ladies at the makeup counters are just trying to make you feel self conscious so they can sell you a whole shitload of products that you don't really need in the first place. I've been to those korean/Japanese markets as well and not only girls but guys there all seem to have perfect skin as well. I think it could be the food people eat while growing up, I think foods in other countries are less genetically modified than the US.

Yeah I think diet is part of the reason. Am I a bad person to wish they would get a little bit of acne so I don't feel so wierd? LOL~

I don't think that's true, (the judgmental part)..I'm asian too. but I agree with you with their flawless skin and complexions.

I can't speak for all asians but Koreans are most definately blunt and very judgemental about appearance. Like very very much so. It sucks =(

Yes u r so right. I am CHinese and everytime i go visit a relative or a relative visit me the 1st thing we talk about is my skin... It really hurts my confidence. Everytime when we talk about my skin i just want to cry but i am too embaressed to. I cant look into their eyes aswell because i dont want to see their eye balls scanning my skin. I also hate to see their expression when they see my skin. The expression is one of shock and sympathy.

Yes u r so right. I am CHinese and everytime i go visit a relative or a relative visit me the 1st thing we talk about is my skin... It really hurts my confidence. Everytime when we talk about my skin i just want to cry but i am too embaressed to. I cant look into their eyes aswell because i dont want to see their eye balls scanning my skin. I also hate to see their expression when they see my skin. The expression is one of shock and sympathy.

Dude from the picture, your skin doesn't look bad at all.

i know, asians always have the best skin. when my skin wasn't so bad, i would always go to the salon to get my nails done. now i'm afraid to go there because i know the asians that work there will make fun of my skin. they can be so rude and critical

I guess we bothy need to work on getting ourselves thicker skins huh? lol It's hard not to feel embarrased.

I feel you. Sometimes I don't even like going to the mall because I'm afraid people will try to recommend me all their products.

My best friend is Asian and she doesn't do anything to maintain her skin. Just washes her face with water every day and thats about it. Her entire family's complexion is completely flawless