Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SusieQT06

AHA in the morning in place of BP and Dan's BP at night

I've been doing the regimen for a month now. And I'm having some trouble with dry skin. I ordered some AHA to incorporate into the regimen. I believe my dry skin is why I'm still having breakouts while on the regimen. Has anyone replaced BP in the morning with just AHA and had good results? I think what I need is exfoliation. I'm going to start with doing it at night like Dan suggests in place of my moisturizer but is that more drying? Can anyone share their AHA experience with me while they've been on the regimen? Bc I'm having a hard time with this dryness and I really need some guidance. Thank you so much.

I used AHA two months into the regimen, and it made me break out like crazy at first, so dont be disappointed if it gets a little worse in the beginning. However, i would not substitute the AHA for the BP. Try using a pump and a half of the moisturizer, it should help with the dryness.

After the intial breakout did it get better? So do you suggest just using it as Dan says too? And how did it help with dry skin for you?

After the intial breakout did it get better? So do you suggest just using it as Dan says too? And how did it help with dry skin for you?

Yeah the AHA is fine for me now. I wouldn't use it as a moisturizer.... to me that seems just too irritating to my face. It moisturizes fairly well, but i would just prefer a pump and a half of the moisturizer because it isn't as irritating.

Yeah the AHA is fine for me now. I wouldn't use it as a moisturizer.... to me that seems just too irritating to my face. It moisturizes fairly well, but i would just prefer a pump and a half of the moisturizer because it isn't as irritating.

What about just a couple of nights a week in place of the moisturizer? How do you use it? Do you moisturize over it or just use it every now and then in place of the moisturizer? I don't plan on using it but every once in awhile in place of my moisturizer at night.

What about just a couple of nights a week in place of the moisturizer? How do you use it? Do you moisturize over it or just use it every now and then in place of the moisturizer? I don't plan on using it but every once in awhile in place of my moisturizer at night.

I use the moisturizer, then apply the AHA for a spot treatment or an area where there is a red mark. I don't really use it in place of the moisturizer ever.