Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
willow569

Prescriptives cosmetics going out of business!

Just found this out today. I'm soooo bummmed - I've been using their foundation for years. Don't know what I am going to replace it with!!! I just ordered 4 bottles to keep me stocked up for awhile.

Oh No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love their foundation! You might want to try Laura Mercier foundaiton. I just bought the moisturizing foundation and I have to say- not only does it have gret coverage without caking or getting cakey-- it has been staying dewy fresh all day. Ive only been using it 2 weeks and my skin is going through it's "new foundation freak out phase" but im very pleased. Plus, im super super pale and it blends beautifully. im so sad about prescritives!

Oh No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love their foundation! You might want to try Laura Mercier foundaiton. I just bought the moisturizing foundation and I have to say- not only does it have gret coverage without caking or getting cakey-- it has been staying dewy fresh all day. Ive only been using it 2 weeks and my skin is going through it's "new foundation freak out phase" but im very pleased. Plus, im super super pale and it blends beautifully. im so sad about prescritives!

Thanks for the tip! So, when you say "new foundation freak out phase", does that mean its breaking you out? I have heard good things about the LM makeup line, but have never tried it myself.

I also use Mineralogie MMU - but just in my t-zone. If I use it all over my face, it makes me look really washed out. The prescriptives helps give me a little color and better coverage than the MMU does. Arrrrggg.... I HATE finding new foundation!!!!

That stinks - they sold really great products... I agree with the Laura Mercier recommendation - I use the oil free tinted moisturizer on days when I don't feel like doing my makeup and I totally LOVE it. Great coverage (for a tinted moisturizer) and it is really nice for sensitive skin. I tried the foundation once and personally didn't like it - but I think it is because it didn't sit well over the sunscreen I use. I know that most people really love the foundation.

Oh, and you probably already know this, but make sure to keep your extra bottles of prescriptives out of the light and even refrigerated if possible to extend the life a bit until you are ready to use them :)

Awwww! What a shame. :( They had really great powders and bronzers. Well...I've been meaning to find a new reason to go makeup shopping.