Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
halo1019

Acne.org regimen AM and differin PM?

I just recently started doing Dan's regimen in the morning and at night, Dove Soap and Differin 1%. Has anyone had any luck with this or have any suggestions. I have had problems with very tiny bumps on my chin (clogged pores deep down) that usually lead to clustering up and causing unpoppable cysts. Recently out of nowhere I started getting small bumps on my forehead and temples as well. No head just flesh colored uneven bumps. My forehead was always clear up until about a month ago. I am going to the derm on Monday, however any feedback from any of you would be great! Thank you. I am so over the pain of acne, it makes me depressed and I don't want to leave my house :( I am 26 and not currently on BC. Was on yaz last summer and that is when cystic acne on chin jaw line began. . .

Thats generally the pattern i have seen, BP in the morning and differin at night. For me, BP both morning and night is better but its up to you. I would recommend however, not using the dove soap as it will be drying. Try just rinsing with water or a very gentle cleanser such as cetaphil, purpose or dan's cleanser.

If you were to consider another birth control, maybe consider spiro or diane-35. These are generally pretty good as far as acne goes. Good luck with your regimen and all the best!

Thank you very much for the feedback. I am using the differin at night to purge my pores. It is also really helping my red marks. I just hope this "uneven-ness" on my forehead goes away. I don't understand where it came from. Maybe my derm will put me on antiobiotic to clear it up r something, who knows. Thanks again.! I have found the Dove soap to be perfect for my skin, not too drying as I am very oily. My friend who has perfect skin has told me all she uses is dove and differin so I was hoping it would have the same effect on my skin. Have a Happy New Year!!!