Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ghostunit

OK now it's time to change my diet a bit....

It's been a long since I've been stuck with the same diet....

I always say that I am going to try new things but I never do.. is just that i am concerned that I would break out if I try something new....

I am tired of avoiding food that my families make... I always make an excuse saying " I already ate"

You think it's OK to eat junk food something? Well not fast food... I am talking about home made food... such as rice, or what ever my families make...

Anyways back to the topic.

I just bought organic re-fried pinto beans ( Ingredient: water , pinto beans, and sea salt ), ezekiel tortilla, all natural almond butter raw, and organic brown eggs

I am going to order organic peppermint oil and baking sodas to make my toothpaste.. I already got extra virgin coconut oil. I saw a recipe using these items which I am fascinated to try.

What else should I try to make my skin soft and nice?

My skin is very smooth and it shine... that's what my aunt said. :)

Probably because I use proactiv... I love this product.. it works for me.

Anyways you think the foods I bought is healthy and won't cause skin problem?

This is my current diet that I've been on for monthsssssss

Ezekiel original bread, ezekiel english muffing, extra-virgin coconut oil, lettuce with red cabbage and carrots, organic extra-virgin olive oil, all natural chicken breast, whey protein isolate vanilla from jayrobb, organic cacao powder, organic steel-cut oats, seasonings for meat ( onions, garlic, and turmeric ), sweet potatoes ( when it's available in stores :( ) and avocados. water ( I drink a lot of water )

help me add more food because I am tired of eating 15 slices of ezekiel bread....

I want to replace them with protein so I can minimize the intake of bread...

Edited by EddieE

Your body would probably appreciate some more protein... you can't just eat all carbs all the time. Its important to eat well for your skin, but you have to eat well for your body as a whole. Eating lean meats like chicken and turkey shouldn't be a problem. Of course its better if you prepare it yourself as opposed to being highly processed with lots of salt and additives. Fish is really good and has lots of healthy fats, but I know some people have problems with seafood and breaking out... so it depends on the person I think.

Maybe you can try eating some of what your family makes. For example, just having rice is not going to make you break out- unless its loaded with butter and cheese of course : ). And then you could supplement that with some healthier things you make for yourself. Im lactose intolerant, so this is what I do with my fam and it works really well.

pumpkin seeds

avocados

quinoa

chickpeas

I forgot to mention that I also bought organic quinoa :)

I am going to put it in water so it can be sprouted.

Your body would probably appreciate some more protein... you can't just eat all carbs all the time. Its important to eat well for your skin, but you have to eat well for your body as a whole. Eating lean meats like chicken and turkey shouldn't be a problem. Of course its better if you prepare it yourself as opposed to being highly processed with lots of salt and additives. Fish is really good and has lots of healthy fats, but I know some people have problems with seafood and breaking out... so it depends on the person I think.

Maybe you can try eating some of what your family makes. For example, just having rice is not going to make you break out- unless its loaded with butter and cheese of course : ). And then you could supplement that with some healthier things you make for yourself. Im lactose intolerant, so this is what I do with my fam and it works really well.

OK thanks. I will try salmon, perhaps canned salmon.

Oh and I bought canned coconut milk, it's organic and the ingredient are - coconut , milk and guar gum.

It seems healthy.

Edited by EddieE

Oh and I bought canned coconut milk, it's organic and the ingredient are - coconut , milk and guar gum.

It seems healthy.

Thats the coconut milk i get :)

Is it called thai gold???

I would perfer buying uncanned salmon and cooking it!!

Try and get wild if anything anyway??

And ya try add more protein and fish is an excellent source!!

It seems healthy.

Thats the coconut milk i get :)

Is it called thai gold???

I would perfer buying uncanned salmon and cooking it!!

Try and get wild if anything anyway??

And ya try add more protein and fish is an excellent source!!

I saw a list of your diet and it seems good. How's your skin? You have nice skin? like smooth?

it's called Native forest :X I don't know what to do with this coconut milk.. is good on cereals?

the only cereals I would eat is called ezekiel :) very healthy.

And yes I do need protein. :( this is my ratio which is bad - fats/protein/carbs

20/30/50

Edited by EddieE

Coconut milk!!

I use it in a dish called thai green curry.

Also makes one unreal smoothie ^_^

Ok the best protein sources are, IMO

Grass fed beef and wild venison

Chicken breast

Wild salmon and tuna

Quinoa

Almonds and almond butter

Pumpkin seeds

Wholewheat pasta

Chickpeas

Apples

Organic natural, European greek, Youghurt.

I LOVE COCONUT MILK! The thing is it has almost no sugar and stuff (yay!) but nearly a third of it is FAT! It's probably good fat ... I don't know. Can anyone clear this up?

Skinless chicken, Avacado, Tuna&Salmon, Chickpeas, Wholewheat pasta, Apples, Yogurt = YUMMY!

Eddie; just a question; Is Olive Oil bad for you? I stay away from all oils, especially those horrid vegetable oils that are meant to wreak havoc on your skin. I always see cooks use olive oils and stuff, so I'm assuming it's safe?

ARGH Ezikiel bread is SO good for you but I can't grab a hold of it so Rye/Wheat free bread is all I can buy!

I usually live off water, oats+rice milk and fruits and vegetables.

I miss real food ...

True, the only thing that worries me is the fat content for coconut milk.

Adam, I like in Australia. We don't have walmarts and lots of variety stores so it's pretty hard to get hold of things and the only outlet for some things are online, then shipping is an issue.

Extra Virgin Olive Oil is more benificial than bad? Does that mean I can fry fish and eggs now instead of steaming them? (ew)

P.s ; What do you guys use to put on salads as dressing? OIL STILL SCARES THE HELL OUTTA ME.

True, the only thing that worries me is the fat content for coconut milk.

Adam, I like in Australia. We don't have walmarts and lots of variety stores so it's pretty hard to get hold of things and the only outlet for some things are online, then shipping is an issue.

Extra Virgin Olive Oil is more benificial than bad? Does that mean I can fry fish and eggs now instead of steaming them? (ew)

P.s ; What do you guys use to put on salads as dressing? OIL STILL SCARES THE HELL OUTTA ME.

You cook with extra-virgin coconut oil.

Healthy fats! and don't be scared! you'll be find.

If you have no problem with cashew... there's a recipes for dressing using cashew.

You have to ask Abs_ fairy for it :) she knows about this stuff... I bet she has more recipes!

Edited by EddieE

I find that light anything is a total sham. Light yogurt is half the fat but has more sugar. Skim milk tastes like watered down milk to me so I don't know how people can drink it. I don't drink milk anymore; just rice milk!

Can you use extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar for salad dressings? What's french onion contain? that's not too bad is it?

Unless the french onion is home made no way!!!

If its packaged then its full of monosodium glutamate and vegetable oils and dried e numbers!!

And yeas extra virgin olive oil is massively beneficial to acne and cook with coconut oil only as it isnt damaged by heat!!

Dress with extra virgin olive oil or pour it on foods your stemaing baking or roasting!!

Balsamic vinegar has a bad glucose fructose ratio but try it because it is an awesome dressing!!

I use this dressing evoo acv =]

Dude I live in Ireland whats a Walmart?? =]

We don't have those big giant shopping malls here!

I get my food from local fresh produce except like almonds and stuff!

In Australia isn't there loads of health food shops???

Have a look in them and they have really good healthy foods