Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thomasknowles

Which one is the real me Mirrors/video or pictures

Hey Guys just something that is bothering me

I talk some photos of myself last night and went I look at the pictures I couldn’t recognise myself this mainly ones I took with the flash on. I seriously look nothing like I do when I look in the mirrors.

I then took some video footage and I look actually look like what I do in the mirror which I happy with. When looking into mirror I use two mirrors to reverse the image again to see myself they way others do.

So my question is are mirrors and video the real me or pictures ?

If I look like what I do in pictures I look ugly then I thought I was.

Very confused on how people perceived me

when you look in the mirror your face is flipped compared to photographs, I look really bad on photo/video but in the mirrior i think I look better.

when you look in the mirror your face is flipped compared to photographs, I look really bad on photo/video but in the mirrior i think I look better.

There's actually been studies done that show how people think they look better when they see a photograph of their face as it would be flipped in the mirror and friends of that person think they look better when they see a photograph of that person that's not flipped. I guess it just means whatever's more familiar will seem more attractive to you.

If I find a link to that study, I'll post it.

ETA: Found it! Citation is as follows:

Mita, T. H., Dermer, M., & Knight, J. (1977). Reversed facial images and the mere-exposure hypothesis. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 35(8), 597-601.

Edited by Lady Odd Duck

There's actually been studies done that show how people think they look better when they see a photograph of their face as it would be flipped in the mirror and friends of that person think they look better when they see a photograph of that person that's not flipped. I guess it just means whatever's more familiar will seem more attractive to you.

If I find a link to that study, I'll post it.

ETA: Found it! Citation is as follows:

Mita, T. H., Dermer, M., & Knight, J. (1977). Reversed facial images and the mere-exposure hypothesis. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 35(8), 597-601.

That why I use two mirrors to reverse the image again to see what I look like to other people

Using two mirrors and video footage I look actually the same and I am happy with the way I look apart from my skin which I getting sorted this year.

It's just using the camera especially with the flash that seems to disfigure my face and cannot recognize myself.

That why I use two mirrors to reverse the image again to see what I look like to other people

Using two mirrors and video footage I look actually the same and I am happy with the way I look apart from my skin which I getting sorted this year.

It's just using the camera especially with the flash that seems to disfigure my face and cannot recognize myself.

I wouldn't worry about pictures. Cameras tend to distort things, especially with the flash on. They're also a lot better at seeing that real people are, depending on the camera. I think most people wouldn't notice the things that a camera's sensitive lense can see (i.e. redmarks, acne, etc.).

What you see in mirrors is 3D as opposed to pics and stuff. You're seeing every angle and facial expression, whereas something like a picture doesn't.