Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, so much of i think in my face are red marks and not acne anymore. I'm confused if the redmarks are called PIH or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation or pores[?]. I've been researching on the net and they say toners can minimize pores while for PIH they say that using aha and other topical treatments could work.

Oh. So, may i ask what are pores then? Because someone recommended that i try using a pore minimizer toner for my face.

Edited by Colours

The term pore is used to describe the small openings in the skin in which oil and sweat reach the surface from their respective glands below.

as for the toner, i have don't know much about that stuff as i dont use it personally.

ok so everyone has pores. some are just bigger than others, but we all have millions (IDK) of them on our ace. PIH are marks left over from acne and they don't really have any conciendence of how large our pores are.

ok guys thanks for the answers. I'm trying out the toner now, if this stuff doesn't work out in removing red marks then ill have to get some aha and jojoba oil.

i dont think the toner will help remove red marks. and the jojoba oil i doubt will remove the marks as well. stick to the aha.

toner wont do anything for marks, it will only minimise size of pores for a while.

try the aha for a bit to reduce marks, avoid benzyol peroxide while your at it.

Ok thanks so much for the advice guys. Now i get it why some regimen only specify the use of aha and not bp. Actually, i dont think i'd be getting some aha anytime soon because shipping doesn't reach here in our country. I don't even know if it is introduced here, can't find it. Hopefully someday..