Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
black cat

Colon Cleansing Products

I am looking for a highly effective, affordable method of colon cleansing. I can't afford to get colonics right now, so I've been looking at different colon cleansing kits. Has anyone tried Colonix or the Ultimate Colon Cleanse? From looking at their ingredients, it seems like these products are almost identical. I also know of the Blessed Herbs Colon Cleansing Kit, but you're supposed to fast for several days while using it for it to be the most effective. I don't know if there is a way of getting around the fasting using any colon cleansing kit, for it to be most effective. I also ordered the Blessed Herbs kit before and I thought it tasted so awful and I had to return it. Maybe these other kits taste bad too...I'm interested to know if anyone has used Colonix or the Ultimate Colon Cleanse and what the experience was like. (I don't trust the testimonials on their sites!) Please share :)

If I am going to recommend any colon cleansing product I will recommend Oxy Powder. This stuff got my acne from severe to very mild in no longer than a month! I did it in the summer and I get a few small pimples at times, but nowhere near as bad as it was back in the summer. It is SO nice to be able to sleep and eat and go out, those cysts covered my face and it was ridiculously painful. Not everyone has the same results, but it is totally worth a try no matter what, and please remember to take a lot of probiotics after the cleanse, so you can get a good start.

Good luck.

And on there recent topic of Colostrum, it might be a good idea to take that after the colon cleanse.

Bah. I wish they did. But, I have my doubts. I believe that they are mostly a money making scam. I've heard in many places that the particular ingredients (common in ALL of them) bind to your bowels and create a sort of cast. Therefore, the 'pictures' that you see of all the build up is literally the cast of your intestinal track. And of course, this takes a few days, so thats when you see the results. I'm not hating completely, I do believe there are safe, effective and honest ways to cleanse your body. However, taking massive quanitities of binding pysillum probably isn't.

Wow Mr. Crab, that's awesome for just using one product. Did you have to fast or change your diet at all to see those results? If you changed your diet, what changes did you make? Also, what brand of probiotics do you use?

Thanks for your feedback Ind1g0. The websites for these products do look sketchy and those companies don't have good ratings on the Better Business Bureau site. Last time I checked, Blessed Herbs had a good rating, but like I said before, I couldn't tolerate the taste of it. Thankfully, they refunded my money with no problem but I had to pay to ship the product back. I think I'm going to try Oxy Powder and at-home enemas.

At the time my acne was getting severe during the summer, I basically only ate vegetables and went to the extreme to be healthy. I did an apple fast and a water fast, but only got more cysts. My diet was back to what I would call normal once I decided to try a colon cleanse. There are different ways to take Oxy Powder, and I recommend you follow the directions that tell you to eat very easily digestible foods and such, and I guess eat as little as possible. I was kind of right in between that and the regular way of taking it. Remember you will need to have easy bathroom access for at least a week.

As for probiotics, the guys that make Oxy Powder also manufacture some probiotics designed to be taken after a cleanse I believe, so I would go ahead and check out what they have.

What I took was Udo's Choice Adult 8 Strain Probiotics, and if I remember correctly I took the entire bottle (30 capsules) in maybe 2 days. It's good to get as many as possible.

I really wonder what it would do if one was to do the Oxy Powder colon cleanse and then get on probiotics + colostrum. It sounds like it would work for people in need of healing their digestive tract, but everyone is different.

I intend to do a liver flush after doing a colon cleanse. Actually, I'm sure I'll have to do several. I haven't done any before, but after reading about them, I really think they are necessary to treat acne and other health conditions. Have you ever done a liver flush?

Colostrum is an animal product, right? I don't really believe in using animal products. I'm sure there are other ways of healing the digestive tract that doesn't involve using animal products. I haven't read that much about it though. Come to think of it, I really should..

At the time my acne was getting severe during the summer, I basically only ate vegetables and went to the extreme to be healthy. I did an apple fast and a water fast, but only got more cysts. My diet was back to what I would call normal once I decided to try a colon cleanse. There are different ways to take Oxy Powder, and I recommend you follow the directions that tell you to eat very easily digestible foods and such, and I guess eat as little as possible. I was kind of right in between that and the regular way of taking it. Remember you will need to have easy bathroom access for at least a week.

As for probiotics, the guys that make Oxy Powder also manufacture some probiotics designed to be taken after a cleanse I believe, so I would go ahead and check out what they have.

What I took was Udo's Choice Adult 8 Strain Probiotics, and if I remember correctly I took the entire bottle (30 capsules) in maybe 2 days. It's good to get as many as possible.

I really wonder what it would do if one was to do the Oxy Powder colon cleanse and then get on probiotics + colostrum. It sounds like it would work for people in need of healing their digestive tract, but everyone is different.

I've used Colonix. First I did the whole program but now I just use Colonix fiber powder once daily. Acne or no acne I feel better taking it.

I recommend it :)

I've used Colonix. First I did the whole program but now I just use Colonix fiber powder once daily. Acne or no acne I feel better taking it.

I recommend it :)

So it helped with your acne? How long did you do the full program? Does it really get out all the "mucoid plaque" (I think there is another name for it these days?)?

Save your money and just buy liquid bentonite clay at your local health food store. Do an internet search on how to use bentonite for colon cleansing. It works like fiber, your body does not digest it and it attracts toxins.

Urineforasurprise, do you practice urine therapy? How'd it go with the Oxy Powder? I bought some Colosan a few weeks ago, which is the same type of product, but its cheaper. I did a 7 day cleanse and it went okay. Now I just take it once a week for maintenance. I don't think taking it has helped with my breakouts, but thats probably because I haven't altered my diet. I want to do another cleanse, but I don't know if its safe to.

I did a colon cleanse several years ago which lead me to pursuing and spreading the word about natural acne treatments. I had mild acne as a teen but once I hit my 20's, it started getting really bad. Cysts and nodules, it was pretty gross. I did a 5 day colon cleanse and then a liver flush after reading acne no more and my skin cleared up two weeks after that. I haven't looked back since

I don't even remember the brand colon flush I bought but you can make your own with just psyllium husks and bentonite clay. I don't know if all the stuff about muscoid plaque and whatnot is true, but I do know that I had completely, I mean all my acne was gone, clear skin and I've maintained that for 4 years now

I've read Acne No More too. There's a lot of good information, but I think the program is too overwhelming to follow. I tried following just the diet, but it was too strict for me. I'm still working on cleaning up my diet, it was too much for me to do it all overnight. Did you change your diet too? Or you only did one colon cleanse and liver flush? I want to do a liver flush in the near future. I figured if you have severe acne, you'll have to do several of them (at least), but you said you only did one and that cleared your skin? Did you get a lot of stones out?