Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, I've been following a strict no-dairy, no-sugar, low glycemic diet and drinking green smoothies daily. For just over a month now, but my skin has gotten so much better. No new outbreaks during that time. :)

I managed to avoid everything that could be bad for me during Christmas, but today I slipped, it's New Year's and though I ate as usual (green smoothie, buckwheat etc) I drank four glasses of vodka+homemade OJ (natural, no sugar).

I can already see my jawline acting up with red spots forming. :confused:

Is there anything I can do to stop this outbreak in its tracks or help it heal quicker? Foodwise? (Drinking water, green tea, etc) Or topically? I have honey, aspirin, Differin, Dalacin T and BP in my arsenal.

My first instinct is to just drank litres of water and apply everything on my face. But obviously that would do more harm than good.

Help...?

Eat anti-inflammatory foods. Don't overdo it with drinking water tho. You can actually die if you drink too much water too fast.

Eat anti-inflammatory foods. Don't overdo it with drinking water tho. You can actually die if you drink too much water too fast.

You need to drink a ridiculous amount of water in a day to die of it. I drink 1-2 gallons per day at least, it has only done great things for my health and my skin. The reason why you can die of drinking too much water is because your salt stores get depleted, and little do people know, salt is necessary for survival, behind only oxygen and water. So if you are worried about "dying" from drinking too much water, all you need to do is add a little more sea salt to your diet.

How much weight have you lost over the past month?

I was skinny to begin with, and I make sure to eat a lot, so no more than a kilo (a couple of pounds).

I'll try drinking water then. :) I woke up to it being not as bad as I thought. It's an outbreak, yes - but nothing cystic which I was very afraid of.

You need to drink a ridiculous amount of water in a day to die of it. I drink 1-2 gallons per day at least, it has only done great things for my health and my skin. The reason why you can die of drinking too much water is because your salt stores get depleted, and little do people know, salt is necessary for survival, behind only oxygen and water. So if you are worried about "dying" from drinking too much water, all you need to do is add a little more sea salt to your diet.

Yeah. Basically, you'd have to drink all of that water in an hour or two and not urinate for it to be fatal (ie. Radio Station Wii contest incident)

Clen, just go back to your good eating habits and drink healthy amounts of water. If it was keeping your clear in the first place, let your body take care of it and just nourish it instead of adding more junk. I don't think there's really natural anything you can do to "stop it in its tracks." You can try lessening it a bit by applying some topical lemon juice or something?

Yes, you would have to drink a ridiculous amount in a short amount of time, that's what I'm warning about.