Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
booboojr

post accutane advice

Happy New Year peeps! ^_^

jus a quick post to ask about how i could prevent my acne from coming back since im nearly finished my accutane journey... wEeee! i've been on 70mg for about 5 and a half months now. my face is cleared up in terms of actual spots but i do have alot of lil circle like red pigmentation from where the old spots used 2 be and a couple of minor indented scars. Any advice on what i could take 2 prevent spot breakouts when i stop taking accutane and mayb reduce the scarring and redness?

Well...hope 2 hear from sum1 soon and hope u all have a spot-free new year!!!

mRowrrrr (=^_^=)

A topical regimen can help loads to prevent future breakouts now that your skin is all cleared up. Retinol is great and so is alpha hydroxy acid. Your derm may suggest something as well.

thanks guys. But i did some research and it seems that retin-A and retinol seems 2 have some pretty intense side effects e.g drying and flaking of the skin. I jus kinda wanted sumkind of regimen. I heard sumfing about dilute lemon and vinegar for scarring but um not sure about it too much. Is there any other regimen for that or preventing further spots?

Thanks for the replies and i hoped u had a great new year!