Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Italiana bby

Chemical Peel While on Accutane?

I read online that it's not recommended and that you could heavily damage your skin. My doctor did recommend using Retind-A on my scars while on tane to speed up the healing.

I actually got a peel done right before I started tane. Hm, but scars are still there :(

I have an appointment to get extractions on Saturday. The internet highly discouraged that too. Ah, not sure what to do yet!!!

I read online that it's not recommended and that you could heavily damage your skin. My doctor did recommend using Retind-A on my scars while on tane to speed up the healing.

I actually got a peel done right before I started tane. Hm, but scars are still there :(

I have an appointment to get extractions on Saturday. The internet highly discouraged that too. Ah, not sure what to do yet!!!

Ok thanks i'll ask my derm about Retin-A =]

Retin-A is a topical retinoid, it's attempting to do exactly what Accutane does.

You've obviously had persistent Acne, or at least Acne bad enough to warrant the use of Accutane? So is it really that surprising you've some scarring?

The key is generally to remove the causation of the scarring, then deal with what's left. Post-Acne.

If you over-complicate things, your skin can become irritated. Irritation is likely to cause more Acne, and you're back at square one. But with more potential for worse scarring.

It's worth noting, time and patience can actually harbour decent results...

Retin-A is a topical retinoid, it's attempting to do exactly what Accutane does.

You've obviously had persistent Acne, or at least Acne bad enough to warrant the use of Accutane? So is it really that surprising you've some scarring?

The key is generally to remove the causation of the scarring, then deal with what's left. Post-Acne.

If you over-complicate things, your skin can become irritated. Irritation is likely to cause more Acne, and you're back at square one. But with more potential for worse scarring.

I've had a few pimples in the past, but it was only recent that I started breaking out (LIKE CRAZY!). It's been about 4 months now. :( I didn't have scars in the summer... I think my scars are from extractions, but my aesthetician said it'll "fall off" magically one day. Hope she's right!

I was told not to use anything while on accutane other than a mild cleanser and and moisturizer. They told me that i needed to wait six months until attempting any peels or other procedures once my course was over. They did start me on a topical as soon as i was done though.

Thank you, I think i'll lay off the chemical peel lol

I've had a few pimples in the past, but it was only recent that I started breaking out (LIKE CRAZY!). It's been about 4 months now. :( I didn't have scars in the summer... I think my scars are from extractions, but my aesthetician said it'll "fall off" magically one day. Hope she's right!

I can't say I've ever heard of a scar falling off. There are probably more effective modalities for the treatment of scarring.

From my experience, for the most part, Aesthetician's are a sandwich short of a picnic.

Edited by pop politics