Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dave55

Whats a good 'Diet'

So i've been reading a good amount on what should be a good diet and foods to stay away from. So far i've found overwhelming support for fish oil but huge amounts of it. Any other recommendations? I'm interested to hear what works for people so please post :)

So i've been reading a good amount on what should be a good diet and foods to stay away from. So far i've found overwhelming support for fish oil but huge amounts of it. Any other recommendations? I'm interested to hear what works for people so please post :)

If possible, try and substitute any drinks with your meals, snacks, etc. with water. It's rather hard, but it definitely shows on your skin :)

well i know drinking water helps so i try to get a good 10 glasses in a day at least. Do most people take vitamin B here or fish oil and such?

A good diet should be packed with nutrition! :) Go for foods high in complex carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, low in fat, low in sugar and free of cholesterol. Try to get fresh produce if it's possible!

Eat plenty of fruits, veggies, legumes and whole grains. Instead of bad fats and oils, stick to things like olive oil and Omega-3 (in fish). Drink plenty of water to hydrate your body.

Certainly limit sugary foods, salt, and refined-grain products. I'm not saying to cut them out entirely (everyone wants a darn potato chip once in a while). They just lack nutrition and can have some terrible side effects if they're not eaten in moderation.

That's my take on a good diet!

(And to answer your question, yes, I take fish oil pills and B vitamins from time to time. I mostly take fish oil because I don't like eating fish. I get Omega-3 oils in nuts and a few other foods, however.)

Edited by mercyunbound