Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
uglyforeheadkid

Serious problem since October 2008

In October 2008 I squeezed a bump on my forehead and nothing came out and it LITERALLY made half of my entire forehead swollen about half an inch or more outward. When I would raise my eyebrow on that side of my head it would not even lift. I applied ice but then it became an open wound on my head. I applied Polysporin and it then closed and scabbed. When the scab healed my head remained swollen just not as severe.

The other side of my forehead slightly became swollen a month later, then just as swollen as the other side.

Now my forehead looks huge and the bumps are moveable when I rub my hands across them with pressure. They are vertical going up into my hairline with swelling around the actual bumps. They stick out substantially. Pretty much my entire forehead is swollen.

I went to the dermatologist and he told me to apply heat to them each night and take tetracycline 4 times daily since December 2008 but it has not improved at all.

The bumps go into my hairline and push parts of it back.

ug4.png

ug3.png

ug2.png

ug.png

Edited by uglyforeheadkid

This looks to me like it could be a serious infection. Did you see a general doctor or a dermatologist? Either way, you need to go back and perhaps have them draw a sample of any fluids that may be in there to determine what bacteria it is. That way they can suggest a better course of treatment.

i say go see a different derm and see what he has to say. explain what the other derm recommended and see what he thinks. It looks pretty serious

i am pretty sure that those are cysts that didnt come to a head. it happens. sometimes the cyst lays dormant under the skin for a long time.

darling you need to see a doctor. i completely agree with lady odd duck. you obviously have something much more serious than a simple case of acne.

When it first happened I went to the doctor and he said it's healing but we're going to refer you to a dermatologist. The dermatologist did what I said in the first post.

I lost my insurance but I'll try to get my dad to get me to a doctor...

Well, I'm not a doctor, but it looks like you may have an infection going on there. When you squeeze a cyst, it can sometimes spread the infection to the surrounding tissue.

Again, I'm not a doctor, but I would think that you probably need a stronger antibiotic. I had to take azithromycin for an upper respiratory infection and it cleared up my cystic acne (I was in the process of doing the blood work to get Accutane) which Tetracycline and Doxycycline could not do. I would think you would need one of the big guns of antibiotics to fight something like this off.

I agree with the others. You need to see another doctor. I know it sucks when you don't have insurance ... but, in this case, I think it is definitely worth spending the money to get a second opinion.

Mm, yeah, thats a serious problem. I would start taking zinc and vitamin C (for the immune system and inflammation) as soon as possible. I don't even think that is acne, for acne doesn't behave that way and linger and get worse and worse. You need to see a Doctor, not a dermatologist. I would recommend the E.R. That area is way too close to your brain to be fooling around with.