Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unluckyguy123

Treatments that work - My experience

wow what an irresponsible posting. You state your opinion as fact, and i'm sorry you are WRONG.

FIRST OFF you claim tca peels have "no side effects, and it CANNOT worsen your scar. " MY GOODNESS how can you tell people such false information. TCA Peels have a risk of causing hypopigmentation, or hyperpigmentation. TCA peels can also cause keloid scars in certain individuals.

Then you flat out say "NOT RECCOMEND SUBCISCION". WHAT WHAT REALLY? Subcision is widely accepted among dermatologists as a proven effective means of acne scar treatment. Subcision works and i'm proof.

Here is my reccomendation....PEOPLE DON'T LISTEN TO THIS PERSON.

After reading his post, I realize he leaves us with no options for depressed scars. The treatments you list that you say don't work are pretty much all the major treatments that are available currently.

I wouldn't listen to anything this dude says. I've seen plenty of things of his 'don't work' list, work for people and vice versa.

I hate it when people think just because they respond one way to something everyone else will be EXACTLY the same. We are all different.

4. Peels - Example Obagi Peel. This again does not work and is relatively weak and is a costly exercise.

They do work as I had one done - but, they are very expensive and I think the TCA peel could be a much cheaper alternative.

Unlucky, since you proclaimed that you have done "Hundreds of treatments" you must surely be at least 80 years old to have that much experience. I don't know what works or doesn't work and I can only comment on my experience with what I have actually tried and not anecdotal evidence preened from wherever. I advocate fractionalized ablative Co2 lasers for deep acne scars, but certainly the popularity of threads by Lamaar and the Bulgarion lead me to believe their is a lot of interest in the methods they suggest. I try to present information so that people can make informed decisions and not base their choices off unsubstaniated comments.