Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dae

Is accutane on government hold?

when i was 14 i hadHORRIBLE skin. i went on accutane for about 6 months and i never suffered from any negative side effects. my skin was gorgeous and my acne subsided for about a year and a half but it's starting to return. :( (i'm 16 now)

i asked my mom if we could go see my dermatologist to see if he could but me back on accutane. she told me accutane is currently on government hold because of more health problems/side effect complications.

is this true? because i really don't want to wait :( i want to go back on asap!

i asked yahoo questions and no one gave me a good answer..... one girl ever replied with this

"do you really want to take something that caused a boy to hijack a plane and crash it into a building to commit suicide?

accutane makes you CRAAAAAAAZY. its on hold because it has very negative psychological affects. im sure theres something else that will clear your skin and not make you want to go on a mass murdering rampage.."

so ignorant..

Edited by dae

doubt it because i just picked up my new prescription yesterday...your mom may be talking about how roche took their accutane off the market but there is still other generic brands out there to take so i woudnt be worried

Isotretinoin itself is not on hold, it is just Accutane brand. Depending on where you are the generics are Claravis, Amnesteem, Sotret, to name a few. Accutane is still available in some countries, but not the U.S.

Edited by Warrior of Acne

It's not on hold. You can't get brand name Accutane in the US though, only generics. Brand name Accutane is still available in Canada.