Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hellstorm

Will sleeping well improve your skin?

get at least 8 hours in. its best to have a normal and regular sleeping schedule. like going to bed every night at a certain time and getting up at a certain time. its good to have your body going in a routine. sleep also aids in healing and lowers stress. less stress equals fewer pimples. dont know if this is entirely true to all people though.

A good night sleep is good for your body all round. While you sleep your body gets a break from day to day stress and tiredness. Therefore everything will be that little bit more efficient afterwards. Acne can be linked to stress, so more sleep wouldn't do anyone any harm!

I've been getting 9 hours every night since school is out, and despite my complexion being adequate for me to go out and not care, it hasn't improved to the point where I consider myself almost clear.

What I have found (and most people know this) is avoid touching or picking! Gah it's so important.

Guest DireStraits

I work as a courier doing the morning shifts and I need my sleep. If I dont get at least 7 hours im screwed, my skin complexion is aweful, brown marks are more evident and I can't digest some foods properly which leads to more forehead acne for me.

Since its the holidays season I haven't worked as much, so i've been able to sleep more and I have to admit my skin does look better.

Oh and yeah there's the stress component too and when you do sleep, make sure to wear a sleep mask which allows you sleep more 'efficiently'.

Like everyone else said, of course getting a good nights sleep is overall good, but as far as it helping clear your face....I sleep 12 hours a day, everyday, for as long as I can remember and yet I'm here on acne.org ;]

My mother annoys me by saying that my acne will purely go away if I slept earlier. I can't help it! I'm a teenager of the night!

What's interesting is because I'm a uni student, I have weird sleeping patterns but I always seem to get enough sleep.

Sure it helps to get enough sleep and sleep at the right time, but for me, nutrition and skincare will always trump it anyday. Just my 2 cents.

Yes of course :)

Getting lots of the sleep is very good for you and will let you be better inside. :D Your heart will love the time you give ;)

isabel xxx