Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SameSongAndDance

Stopping Ziana and Doxycycline, beggining 10 day fast + IPL..

I'll make this short and sweet. I've had acne since I was 16, it was never even moderate. I got 1-3 cysts(legit cysts I.E 5 mm in length) monthly scattered with your normal whiteheads. I was prescribed Ziana, Doxy and Triaz exactly 3 1/2 months ago and let me tell you...it has gotten worse. I toughed it out for the first 2 month, watching my acne transform into something I've never seen before (40-50 small red bumps all over forehead and cheeks). At this point, I have about 10-15 small red bumps and a shit load of red marks/PIH. I'm done, and never should have stuck with it to this point. Yes it improved, but my face still looked a SHITLOAD better 3 1/2 months ago. So, I'm going to stop the Ziana and Doxy cold turkey. I'll continue the Triaz but since its 6% BP I might opt for something for more sensitive skin. Boy am I pissed I wasted 3 and a half month of my life making my face worse. I wish I could have my 1-3 cysts back, and I'm dead serious. Anyway, I'm going to be logging my 10 day fast which had some IPL treatments mixed in. Wish me luck.

Good Luck, How are things now? I also am stopping Ziana but Iam going to continue with Doxy for a little while.. My face is 100 x worse now than b4 I started ziana.. its a joke and I am ticked also.. I thought I had it bad b4 well hardly compared to now.. I am stopping at 8 wks.. Now I am just trying to repair my skin... One part is so red and broke out from the ziana it needs to heal... Havent used it in 2 days and its improving...