Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StevieC

TCA Peel Advice Please

I've looked at ordering a TCA Peel Kit at makeupartistschoice.com and was wondering whether I should start with the 8% or the 12.5% or 15% concentration?

Also - is this the best place to order it from or are their other cheaper places to order it from?

I'm from the UK and the shipping is actually more than the product itself.

Cheers,

Steve

I've looked at ordering a TCA Peel Kit at makeupartistschoice.com and was wondering whether I should start with the 8% or the 12.5% or 15% concentration?

Also - is this the best place to order it from or are their other cheaper places to order it from?

Cheers,

Steve

I would choose to start with the 12.5% because when I did my first peel I used 10% and it just smoothed out my skin. 8% will do just that. Now i'm not saying 12.5% will get you more than smooth skin (as compared to the 8% you suggested), but it will help you maintain that depth of TCA or the option to progress to a 15%-20% level in future peels.

As for cheaper places to order...I would try amazon.com if you could. I got my 10% and 20% peels from Perfect Peel Solutions and they're legit to me.The 20% TCA from PPS costed less than the 15% from MUAC.

Edited by Axxith

I've looked at ordering a TCA Peel Kit at makeupartistschoice.com and was wondering whether I should start with the 8% or the 12.5% or 15% concentration

Cheers,

Steve

Many thanks for your prompt reply and thanks for the advice, that has helped a lot.

Before you started using the peel, did you have any obvious scars? Like the 'icepick' type scars, or any scars you feel were easily noticeable? If so, did these TCA peels work?

I had an Obagi Skin Peel the other year, which bloody burned... I needed a fan infront of my face and it was done in a hospital. It helped, but I'm not sure it could be described as significant - cost over £1000 too. So I'm just comparing the two because the costs are so different.

ok I'm going to order the 10% from Perfect Peel Solutions and take it from there. I'll go up in strength as time goes by.

It's only $20 including which works out at 12.71 GBP. That seems incredibly cheap - I just hope it's not 'too cheap'.