Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sparkley

what do you use?

so i've been on accutane for a few weeks now, and i just stuck with my normal cleanser and everything. i use noxema and biore skin preservation lotion on my face, and the noxema is starting to tingle a little more than usual (in an uncomfortable way) and the biore lotion doesnt seem to be sufficient (my face is so dry by the end of the day!). so i was just wondering what everyone else uses. :)

thanks!

i'm not on accutane but i have always found cetaphil's products to be gentle since my skin tends to dry out easily.

Hi Sparkley-

I changed some of my products after going on Accutane in May, my derm recommended only gentle cleansers and moisturizers. In the AM, I used Cetaphil Cleanser for Normal/Oily skin, followed by Olay Complete Sensitive Skin Moistuizer with SPF 15 (Dan recommends this product for his regimen as well). In the PM, I used Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser, and Cerave Moisturizing Cream.

Good luck!

All you need: Cetaphil Face Wash, Dove Bar Soap (For sensitive Skin), and CeraVe Moisturizing Cream. Your skin will be smoother than a baby's bottom in no time.

I swear by jojoba oil! Just massage some into your face after showering and it feels soo good! I've been on accutane for a month and I've hardly had a dry skin problem since using this. Never did I think i'd be putting oil on my face voluntarily!

There is some good info on jojoba oil on this site that you can read up on. Seriously, its a godsend...my face is sooo smooth :)

I swear by jojoba oil! Just massage some into your face after showering and it feels soo good! I've been on accutane for a month and I've hardly had a dry skin problem since using this. Never did I think i'd be putting oil on my face voluntarily!

There is some good info on jojoba oil on this site that you can read up on. Seriously, its a godsend...my face is sooo smooth :)

I second this. I've been using jojoba oil to remove my makeup and my skin has not been really dry.