Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clopez

Spiro is working for me!

This is my 4th time going to a derm to get treatment for my acne. Finally someone gets it right! He told me that my acne is hormonal (breakouts on chin and cheeks) and im now on 100 mg per day of Spiro. I also take yaz and after 3 weeks I already see an improvement in my skin!

I had super oily skin, and not just the tzone, but all over. After having 2 kids I went on the patch, which made my skin oiler, then tried the nuvaring and Mirena whcich made me break out more! Ive been on Yaz for about 4 months, and got a little relief with it but the combo of yaz and spiro is doing the job.

Ive found that the best makeup is the revlon colorstay for combo/oily skin. Before I had to powder my nose 4-5 times a day and i couldnt wait to get home and wash my face. Now, I can work a full 8 hours without blotting my skin. I wanted to try this before going to accutane. The only side effects ive had from spiro are the frequent urination and dry lips

That's great!! Clopez!! I know what you mean about being able to spend 8hrs or MORE outside of house without washing your face now!! oyee I can spend like 24hrs with makeup on and it still looks great!! Its such a relief and congrats to you!!

Congrats! I've been using the same combination for a little under a year now, with excellent results. I hope you continue to see improvement :)

Do You think the YAz helped you to get completely clear? I am having some issues still recently and am wondering why and what to do!!